West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) has announced the availability of application forms for Undergraduate Courses in Medical, Dental, Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the state for the academic year 2016-2017.
- Online Application Form submission: 05-01-2016 to 28-02-2016
- Payment of Fee: 05-01-2016 to 05-03-2016
- Uploading of documents: 05-01-2016 to 02-03-2016
- Last date to print of confirmation page: 31-03-2016
- Date of Examination: 17-05-2016
WBJEE Examination Schedule
|Subject||Full Marks||Time of Examination|
|Biological Science||150||9 am to 11.30 am|
|Chemistry & Physics||100||12.45 pm to 2.45 pm|
|Mathematics||100||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
The application form is available at the portal of WEJEE. The candidate need to go through three simple steps to complete the application process – Registration, Uploading Images and Payment of Examination Fees. It is advised to go through the prospectus thoroughly before start applying.
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE 2016
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- For Medical / Dental, Engineering / Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses, Candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on 31.12.2016.
- For Marine Engineering course, Candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on 31.12.2016. The maximum age limit to apply for this particular course is 25 years.
- Candidates must be a resident of West Bengal. There is no Residential/ Domicile requirement if the candidate is applying for State-Aided or Self Financing Universities/Colleges offering Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Architecture courses.
- For Engineering/Technology courses other than Marine Engineering in Calcutta University, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics altogether (55% in case of SC/ST/ PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates).
- For Jute & Fibre Technology, Calcutta University, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry /Biotechnology /Biology altogether. (45% in case of SC/ST/ PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates).
- For admission in Jadavpur University, candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics altogether (45% in case of SC/ST/ PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) & 60% marks in Mathematics (45% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) individually is a must.
Keep an eye on BYJU’S JEE Notifications for the latest updates in the area of JEE and AIPMT. Prepare yourself with BYJU’S Tablet Learning Program to crack JEE and other competitive exams exam.