Dr. Bhimrao Ramji (B.R.) Ambedkar was an Indian legal expert, politician, economist and social activist who motivated the Dalit Buddhist movement and advocated against social discrimination towards the untouchables (Dalits). He was also known as Babasaheb Ambedkar. Here we have given an essay on Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti in English for kids.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti date is celebrated on 14th April every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. This day marks a tribute to his countless efforts and contribution to our country. Click on the link provided below to download Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti essay in English in a printable PDF format. Besides, you can also check out more such captivating essays for kids on other topics that will help children in their formative years of learning.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti Essay
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was a noted Indian personality, jurist, economist and social reformer who inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement in India and objected to the social discrimination towards the Dalit community.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s full name was Bhimrao Ramji (B.R.) Ambedkar and he was the first Minister of Law and Justice of Independent India.
- He was the 14th child of his parents, Ramji Maloji Sakpal, who served as an army officer in the British Indian Army and Bhimabai Sakpal. His family was from the Marathi community.
- Dr. Ambedkar was born in a Mahar caste where the Dalits were treated as untouchables and were subjected to discrimination both socially and economically.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti falls on 14th April every year, which commemorates the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. This day marks his noteworthy contribution towards the upliftment of the Dalit community and his campaign against the socio-economic discrimination of the untouchables.
- As he belonged to a Dalit caste, during his childhood, he and a few other students of this community were segregated and paid less attention to by the teachers.
- Seeing the miserable state of the Dalit community, young Bhimrao Ambedkar made up his mind to fight for their social acceptance and freedom and strongly advocated political rights for them when he grew up.
- Dr. Ambedkar was a brilliant student, and he earned prestigious doctorate degrees in Economics from the University of London and Columbia University. He was a champion scholar and gained a reputation for his research in law, political science and economics.
- He was the Labour Minister in the Viceroy’s Executive Council in British India, a chief member of the Constituent Drafting Committee and considered as the ‘Father of the Indian Constitution’.
- Dr. Ambedkar passed away on 6th December 1956 in Delhi due to diabetes and after a prolonged illness. He was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna – India’s highest civilian award in the year 1990 for his countless contributions.
The given 10 lines essay on Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Jayanti will help students to get an insight into Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s life and will help them to draft a simple yet impressive essay on the topic. We have included primary details about his works, educational qualifications, achievements, family, etc.
Every year, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated on 14th April in India to appreciate and honour his numerous contributions to the making of the constitutional rights of Independent India. Bhimrao Ambedkar Jayanti essay in English is a frequently asked essay topic in both primary and higher classes.
Additionally, at BYJU’S, we offer a whole lot of engaging and useful learning resources for children, such as intriguing colourful worksheets, brain-tickling GK questions, enchanting stories from the most popular genres, beautiful poems for children, NCERT Solutions, easy trivia questions, etc. on our Kids Learning section. Don’t forget to explore this section and find a one-stop solution for all your queries with respect to your little one’s learning.