Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of Independent India. He was a well-read Indian politician. He was a lawyer, professor, scholar and an active figure in India’s independence movement. Here we have given Dr. Rajendra Prasad essay in English for kids.
He was an intelligent student and a very admired political leader. Click on the link provided below to download Dr. Rajendra Prasad essay in English in a printable PDF format. Kids can read the essay about Dr. Rajendra Prasad and learn about the great Indian personality. Besides, you are just a click away from accessing the best Dr. Rajendra Prasad essay for your little one.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Essay
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of Independent India. He served in the position from 1950 to 1962.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the longest-serving President of India with a tenure of around 12 years in office.
- He was a lawyer by training. He was an Indian nationalist who actively participated in India’s independence movement.
- He was also a professor, scholar and one of the most prominent freedom fighters. He was born on 3rd December 1884 in Ziradei, in the Siwan district of Bihar.
- Rajendra Prasad belonged to a rich family. His father’s name was Mahadev Sahai Srivastava. He was a Sanskrit scholar. His mother’s name was Kamleshwari Devi. She was a pious woman.
- He secured the first position in the University of Calcutta entrance examination. He was married to Rajavanshi Devi in June 1896 at the early age of 12.
- As a student, he impressed people with his intellect. Once, an examiner had commented on his answer sheet “examinee is better than examiner”.
- He gave up his legal practice and participated in the Non-Cooperation movement, Quit India movement and Satyagraha movement led by Mahatma Gandhi.
- He had sworn in as the Food and Agriculture Minister of India in September 1946. In 1962, Rajendra Prasad was awarded the Bharat Ratna – the highest civilian award of India.
- After resigning from the position of the President of India, he returned to Patna, Bihar. He died on 28 February 1963 in Patna due to a heart attack.
The above 10 lines essay about Dr. Rajendra Prasad will help students to get an insight into Rajendra Prasad’s life and will enable them to write a simple yet impressive essay on the topic. We have included primary details about his achievements, education, marriage, family, etc.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad essay in English is a very frequently asked essay topic in primary classes. You can check out more such captivating essays for kids on other topics that are very popular in the formative years of learning of children.
Rajendra Prasad was a highly respected person. He gave up his high-paying legal profession and took up the role of an activist in various independence movements happening in India at those times.
At BYJU’S, we not just have such fascinating essays for kids, but also a whole lot of useful and engaging learning resources for children such as intriguing worksheets, brain-tickling general knowledge questions, interesting stories from most popular genres, poems for children, NCERT Solutions, easy trivia questions, etc. on our kids learning section. Explore this section on the BYJU’S website and find a one-stop solution for all your concerns regarding your little one’s education.