A syllabus is an important resource for the students, as it gives an overview of the concepts taught in class. Based on the marks weightage assigned according to the topics, students can prepare the most effective study plan. Hence, for someone who aims to score high marks in the Class 11 Science stream, the Mizoram Board Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21 of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are very crucial.
Here, we have provided the PDF links to download the Mizoram Board syllabus 2020-21 of these subjects. Click on the links given in the table below and access the PDFs now.
Download Mizoram Board Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21 for Science Stream: Free PDFs
Mizoram Board Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2020-21
The subject Maths of Class 11 covers a lot of complex theorems and concepts. Some of the topics covered in the 2020-21 Class 11 Maths syllabus include Sets and functions, Coordinate geometry, calculus, statistics and probability and many more.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Maths Deleted Portion 2020-21
|Unit||Topic / Portion deleted for 2020-2021 academic session|
|I-Sets and Functions||1. Sets: Difference of sets, complement of a set, properties of complement sets.
2. Relations and Functions: Cartesian product (R×R × R). Sum, difference, product and quotient of functions.
3. Trigonometric Functions: General Solution of trigonometric equation of type sin θ = sinα, cos θ = cosα and tan θ = tanα
|II-Algebra||1. Principle of Mathematical induction (Delete Complete section)
2. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations: Argand plane and polar representation of complex numbers, Square root of a complex number.
4. Permutations and Combinations: Derivation of formulae for .nPr & nCr 5.Binomial Theorem (Delete Complete section)
6. Sequence and Series: Sum to n terms of special series : Σn, Σn2 , Σn3
|III-Coordinate Geometry||1. Straight Lines: Shifting of origin. Equation of family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines.
2. Conic Sections: A point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting line as a degenerated case of a conic section
|V-Mathematical reasoning||Delete full Chapter|
|VI-Statistics and Probability||1. Statistics: Analysis of frequency distributions with equal means but different variances.
2. Probability: Axiomatic (Set theoretic) probability, connections with the theories of earlier classes.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Physics 2020-21
Class 11 is a crucial stage in the life of a student and Physics is an equally important subject. It contains a lot of complex concepts and acing the subject requires hard work and commitment. A student thorough with the syllabus will be able to prepare for the exams, accordingly.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Physics (Theory) Deleted Portion 2020-21
|Units||Topic/ Portion Deleted|
|Unit II: Kinematics||Frame of reference(Inertia and non-inertia frames), Motion in a straight line – Position-time graph|
|Unit III: Laws of Motion||Intuitive concept of force. Inertia, Newton’s first law of motion; momentum and Newton’s second law of motion; impulse; Newton’s third law of motion. (Recapitulation only).|
|Unit V: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorem and their applications.|
|Unit VI: Gravitation||Kepler’s laws of planetary motion. Acceleration due to gravity.|
|Unit VII: Properties of Bulk Matter||Elastic behaviour, shear modulus of rigidity, poisson’s ratio; elastic energy.
Newton’s law of cooling.
|Unit-VIII Thermodynamics||Heat engines and refrigerators|
|Unit X: Oscillations and Waves||Fundamental mode and harmonics, Doppler Effect|
Mizoram Board Class 11 Physics (Practical) Deleted Portion 2020-21
1. To make a paper scale of given least count, e.g. 0.2 cm, 0.5 cm.
2. To determine mass of a given body using a metre scale by principle of moments.
3. To plot a graph for a given set of data, with proper choice scales and error bars.
4. To measure the force of limiting friction for rolling of a roller on a horizontal plane.
5. To study the variation in the range of a jet of water with the angle of projection.
6. To study the conservation of energy of a ball rolling down on inclined plane (using a double inclined plane).
7. To study dissipation of energy of a simple pendulum by plotting a graph between square of amplitude and time.
1. To observe change of state and plot a cooling curve for molten wax.
2. To observe and explain the effect of heating on a bi-metallic strip.
3. To note the change in level of Liquid in a container on heating and interpret the observations.
4. To study the effect of detergent on surface tension of water by observing capillary rise.
5. To study the factors affecting the rate of loss of heat of a liquid.
6. To study-the effect of load on depression of a suitably clamped meter scale loaded at (i) at its end (ii) in the middle.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Chemistry 2020-21
The Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21 of Mizoram Board Chemistry is such that it will lay the foundation for the fundamental concepts of the subject. The syllabus covers concepts such as Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, States of Matter and so on.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Chemistry Deleted Portion 2020-21
|Units||Topic/ Portion Deleted|
|I||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Historical approach to particulate nature of matter, laws of chemical combination, Dalton s atomic theory: concept of elements, atoms and molecules.
|II||Structure of Atom
Discovery of electron, proton and neutron; atomic number, isotopes and isobars.
Thomson’s model and its limitations, Rutherford’s model and its limitations
|III||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Significance of classification, brief history of the development of periodic table.
|V||States of Matter: Gases
Kinetic energy and molecular speeds (elementary idea), liquefaction of gases, critical temperature.
Liquid State —Vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations).
Heat capacity and specific heat, criteria for equilibrium.
Hydrolysis of salts (elementary idea), Henderson equation.
Applications of redox reactions.
Preparation, properties and uses of hydrogen; hydrogen peroxide-preparation,
reactions, use and structure.
|X||Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
Group 1 and Group 2 elements:―
Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds:
Sodium carbonate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide and sodium hydrogencarbonate, biological importance of sodium and potassium.
CaO, CaCO3, and industrial use of lime and limestone, biological importance of M g and Ca
|XI||Some p-Block Elements ―
Some important compounds: borax, boric acids, boron hydrides. Aluminium: uses, reactions with acids and alkalies.
Uses of some important compounds-: oxides.
Important compounds of silicon and a few uses: silicon tetrachloride, silicones, silicates and zeolites, their uses.
|XII||Organic Chemistry -Some Basic Principles and Techniques
Methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Classification of Hydrocarbons. –
Alkanes — including free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion and pyrolysis.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Biology 2020-21
In Class 11 Biology, students learn new concepts of Biology along with getting exposure to the contemporary areas of the subject. The 2020-21 syllabus in a simple clear format will focus on the concepts in a sequential manner.
Mizoram Board Class 11 Biology (Theory) Reduced Syllabus 2020-2021
|Unit||Topic / Portion deleted for 2020-2021 academic session|
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms Chapter 1: The Living World
1.2 Taxonomy, Systematics
1.6 Taxonomy Aids (Herbarium, Botanical gardens, Museum and Zoological Parks)
1.7 Key – A tool for identification of Plants & Animals
Chapter 3: Plant Kingdom
3.9 Angiosperms – The Flouring Plants (Evolutionary changes that led to their success, variations in angiosperms)
|II||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
Chapter 5: Morphology of Flowering Plants 5.2 The Root System, (Types, functions & Modifications)
5.3 The Stem (Characteristic features, functions, modifications)
5.4 Leaf (Structure, Venation, simple & Compound leaves, phyllotaxy modification & functions)
5.8 Seed Disruption of Families – Fabaceae
Chapter 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
6.3 Permanent Tissues
6.4 The Tissue System 6.8 Secondary Growth
Chapter 7: Structural Organisation in Animals
Morphology and Anatomy of Animals (Earthworm, Cockroach, Frog)
Chapter 11: Transport in Plants
11.1 Means of Transport 11.4 Water Movement up a Plant through xylem
11.5 Transpiration (3. Stomata and Transpiration – Role of Stomata in transpiration, Structure of Stomata, Mechanism of stomata Action)
11.6 Uptake and transport of Mineral Nutrients
11.7 Translocation of Mineral Ions
11.8 Phloem Transport
11.9 The Pressure Flow or Mass Flow Hypothesis
Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition
12.2 Methods to study the mineral requirement of plants
12.3 Essential mineral elements
12.5 Role if macro and micronutrients
12.6 Deficiency symptoms of essential elements
12.7 Toxicity of micronutrients
12.11 Metabolism of Nitrogen
Chapter 15: Plant Growth and Development 15.1 Growth (5. Phases of growth)
15.2 Growth Rates
15.3 Conditions for Growth
Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption
16.1 Digestive System of Humans
16.3 Absorption and Assimilation of Digested Products
16.5 Disorders of Digestive System
Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement
20.1 Types of Movements in Living Organisms
20.4 Human Skeletal System
20.6 Disorders of Muscular and Skeletal system
Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination
21.8 Rylex Action and Rylex Arc
21.9 Sensory Reception and Processing (Structure and function of human eye and ear)
Mizoram Board Class 11 Biology (Practical) Reduced Syllabus 2020-2021
A: List of Experiments
1. Description of Family Fabaceae; Types of root (Tap and adventitious); types of stem (Herbaceous and woody); leaf(arrangement, shape, venation, simple and compound)
2. Preparation and study of T.S. of dicot and monocot roots and stems (primary)
3. Study of osmosis by potato osmometer.
4. Study of plasmolysis in epidermal peels (e.gRhoeo/lily leaves or flashy scale leaves of onion bulb).
5. Comparative study of the rates of transpiration in the upper and lower surface of leaves.
6. Test for the presence of sugar, starch, proteins and ats in suitable plant and animal materials.
7. Test for presence of urea in urine.
8. Test for presence of bile salts in urine.
B. Study/Observe of the following (spotting)
1. Tissues and diversity in shape and size of plant cells (palisade cells, guard cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, xylem and phloem) through temporary and permanent slides)
2. Different modifications in roots, stems and leaves.
3. Different types of inflorescence (cymose and racemose)
4. Human skeleton and different types of joints with the help of virtual images/model only
Download Mizoram Board Class 11 Syllabus 2019 – Science Stream Free PDFs
|Mizoram Board Class 11 Maths Syllabus|
|Mizoram Board Class 11 Physics Syllabus|
|Mizoram Board Class 11 Chemistry Syllabus|
|Mizoram Board Class 11 Biology Syllabus|
Stay connected with us to get more information Mizoram Board of School Education and its resources like the Mizoram Board Textbooks, question papers and so on.