Students can access MSBSHSE SSC (Class 10) Social Science Political Science solutions, which can be referred online from the BYJU’S website. These solutions are formulated by our subject matter experts. Students are required to go through these MSBSHSE SSC solutions of Political Science thoroughly before the final exams to score well and intensify their question-solving abilities. Practising these solutions also enable the students to solve the questions given in the textbooks more easily.
MSBSHSE Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 5 Objective Questions: Textbook Important Questions and Solutions
MSBSHSE Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 5 Textbook Exercise Questions
Q1. Choose the correct option from the given options and complete the sentences.
(1) In a democracy ………… participate in elections and get political power.
(a) political parties
(c) social organisations
(d) none of the above
(2) The major challenge faced by all democratic nations in the world is ………… .
(a) Religious conflicts
(b) Naxal activities
(c) Deepening the roots of democracy
(d) Importance to muscle power
Answer 1: In a democracy, political parties participate in elections and get political power.
Answer 2: The major challenge faced by all democratic nations in the world is Religious conflicts.
Q2. State whether the following statements are true or false. Give reasons for your answer.
(1) Alertness is required to sustain democracy.
(2) Importance of the problems of farmers and tribals has increased in the left extremist movement.
(3) People may lose confidence in the democratic process due to corruption during elections.
Answer 1: The statement is true. Alertness is required to sustain democracy.
Answer 2: The statement is false. Importance of the problems of farmers and tribals has significantly reduced in the left extremist movement.
Answer 3: The statement is true. People may lose confidence in the democratic process due to corruption during elections.
Q3. Write notes on
Answer 1: Left-extremism – Naxalism is a major problem in India. Naxalism began as a movement to remove injustice against landless farmers and tribal people. But today Naxalism has become a violent struggle. In the Naxalite movement the importance of the problems of farmers and tribal people has reduced. Instead, violent measures to oppose the government policies, attacking the police forces and such other tactics are used by the Naxalite groups.
Answer 2: Corruption – In India the extent of corruption is said to be very high in the public sector. Government’s working capacity is reduced due to corruption at the political and administrative levels. People develop distrust and dissatisfaction about the entire governmental system due to delay in governmental work, poor public services and facilities and different financial blunders. Corruption in the electoral process, bogus voting, bribing the voters, abducting the voters and such other things reduces people’s confidence in the democratic process.
Q4. Answer the following questions in brief.
(1) Which factors are required for the success of democracy in India?
(2) What are the effects of criminalisation of politics?
(3) What efforts are undertaken to bring transparency in the political process?
Answer 1: The factors required for the success of democracy in India are as follows:
- Establishment of democracy requires economic development.
- The fundamental basis of democracy is election which is the procedure of selection of representatives.
- Democracy cannot be established without education and political freedom.
- The Judicial system is also a pillar of democracy.
- Taking responsibility for people’s needs is also a sign of democracy.
Answer 2: Increased participation of criminals in political process is another serious problem for democratic systems. Sometimes political parties give candidature to people having a criminal background, facing criminal allegations and allegations of corruption. This increases the role of money and muscle power in politics. This may also lead to violence during elections.
Answer 3: One of the most important benefits of democracy is that it helps to bring about good and effective governance in an impeccable manner. Transparency and accountability are fixed at different levels of the administrative machinery. For instance, one of the most important aspects of the development is to transfer government funds directly into the account of the poor and needy. It will go a long way in improving the social and economic status of the society.