This NCERT Exemplar consists of reproduction in flowering plants class 12 MCQ Short answer questions, Fill in the blanks, match the following, exercises, assignments and sample questions for the preparation of NEET. Students are advised to download and study this NCERT class 12 Biology exemplar for chapter 2 pdf and take a print out if necessary. After studying this exemplar question you will be able to solve the maximum of the question from this topic.
Class 12 Biology NCERT Exemplar for Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Plant reproduction usually occurs by two methods either asexual or by sexual means. Sexual reproduction in flowering plants occurs through the fundamental processes mainly meiosis and fertilization. During the process of meiosis, the genes get rearranged and the number of chromosomes gets reduced dramatically. When the male and female gametes fuse together, they are called a diploid zygote which further develops into a multicellular sporophyte.
Important concepts of class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction
- Flower – A Fascinating Organ of Angiosperms
- Pre-fertilisation: Structures and Events
- Double Fertilisation
- Post-fertilisation: Structures and Events
- Apomixis and Polyembryony.
Download the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants available as a PDF download below:
Why Opt for BYJU’s?
- BYJU’S study resources will end your search for the best study material
- Prepared by countries best teachers with a proven record of excellence
- Available online and on BYJU’S learning App