NCERT books are one of the best reference books available for CBSE students to prepare for their board exams. NCERT Solutions for Class 4 are provided here, which include all the answers to the questions with the PDFs attached for students to download. Subject experts have designed the answers in an understandable manner so that students can grasp the topics easily. Using NCERT Solutions, students can practise a wide variety of questions from the textbook.
Chapter 2 – Noses and The Little Fir Tree solutions are provided here. Students can start practising offline to yield good results in the board exams by downloading the PDF of NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English, from the links that are provided.
Access Answers to NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 2 Noses
Reading is Fun
1. Why does the poet feel that the nose is a funny thing?
The nose has two little holes which are stuck on the face like a handle, hence the poet feels that the nose is a funny thing.
2. Why is a nose important for you?
Nose is important for us because it helps us in breathing.
3. Does the child in the poem like her nose? Why do you think so?
Yes, the child in the poem likes her nose. She finds it to be the funniest thing which sticks out on her face like a handle.
1. Describe a few funny things you have seen. Do they make you laugh?
Funny things that I have seen are baby elephants playing, and pigs grunting. They make me laugh.
2. What does features mean? Look up the dictionary. What are the different kinds of features of people we come across in the world? Discuss.
The word ‘Features’ means – different characteristics of people. We find different kinds of people with long, flat, fat noses, big eyes, round faces, curly hair, straight hair, fat people, thin people, etc.
1. Sit in groups.
2. Look at your friend’s face and describe what you see.
Use words like long, round, oval, slanted, sharp, flat to help you. You can use other words also.
My friend’s face is oval. She has a long sharp nose. Her eyes are small. She has long, straight hair.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Describe it in five sentences.
My favourite fruit is jackfruit.
(a) How does it smell?
Its smell is very pleasant.
(b) How does it look?
It looks yellow in colour.
(c) How does it feel?
It’s very soft to eat.
(d) When you bite it what sound does it make?
It makes a ‘slurp-slurp’ sound.
(e) How does it taste?
It tastes very sweet.
A breathing exercise
• Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
• Inhale slowly through your left nostril till your lungs are filled with air.
• Now close your left nostril with your second and third fingers.
• Remove your finger from the right nostril and exhale through it.
• Repeat this exercise slowly in the beginning and with practice increase your speed.
Do it yourself
1. Do you know a fish breathes from its gills? Write two sentences about other animals which can breathe under water.
Snails, crocodiles, frogs, and turtles are water animals. They can breathe underwater.
2. Punctuate the following passage.
mother father neelam said i have got a fire engine ive got a fire engine whats this whats this called mother somewhat confused by the noise ive got a fire engine mother come and see it.
“Mother, father”, Neelam said, “I have got a fire engine! I’ve got a fire engine!” “What’s this? What’s this?” called mother, somewhat confused by the noise. “I’ve got a fire engine, mother. Come and see it.”
3. Using a red pencil, choose and circle the things whose smell you like.
Now with a blue pencil, circle the things whose smell you do not like. Make five sentences like this –
like/do not like the smell of…….. because it reminds me of……..
(a) I like the smell of scent because it reminds me of the beauty of nature.
(b) I do not like the smell of dirty shoes because they remind me of rotten fruit.
(c) I like the smell of the champa because it reminds me of agarbatti.
(d) I do not like the smell of garbage because it reminds me of rotten eggs.
(e) I like the smell of elaichi because it reminds me of the coffee my mother uses.
What is it?
Tall ears, Twinkly nose, Tiny tail, And –hop, he goes!
What is he – Can you guess? I feed him carrots And watercress.
His ears are long, His tail is small – And he doesn’t make any noise at all!
Tall ears, Twinkly nose, Tiny tail, And – hop, he goes!
– Marie Louise Allen
Write three pairs of words that rhyme with each other.
Access Answers to NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 2 The Little Fir Tree
THE LITTLE FIR TREE
Reading is Fun
1. Tick (Right) the correct answer.
|(a) the pretty little fir tree was happy with gold leaves but..||(i) a goat came along and ate them
(ii) all leaves got wet in the rain
(iii) a man stole them
|(b) the fir tree was sad..||(i) because it had yellow leaves
(ii) because it had needle like leaves
(iii) because it had short leaves
|(c) the fir tree was not happy with the gold leaves…||(i) because the goats came and ate them up
(ii) a man stole them
(iii) the gold leaves broke
1. By changing the underlined word to its opposite, rewrite these sentences. One has been done for you.
(a) I carry a light bag to school every day.
I carry a heavy bag to school every day.
(b) Rina won the race.
(c) I love eating vegetables.
(d) This glass of milk is full.
(e) The old man is wise.
(b) Rina lost the race.
(c) I hate eating vegetables.
(d) This glass of milk is empty.
(e) The old man is foolish.
2. Now give the opposite of the words below by adding un or im.
happy _____________ important _____________
polite _____________ perfect _____________
seen _____________ healthy _____________
proper _____________ safe _____________
lucky _____________ patient _____________
possible_____________ pure _____________
happy unhappy important unimportant
polite impolite perfect imperfect
seen unseen healthy unhealthy
proper improper safe unsafe
lucky unlucky patient impatient
possible impossible pure impure
3. Rita loved her dog Sheroo. Every day, Sheroo would go out of the house and come back himself. But one day he did not come home. Rita looked everywhere for him. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Sheroo was lost. He was nowhere to be found. Rita was crying when she reached home. She got into her bed. All of a sudden something jumped on her. Can you guess who it was? Rita was very happy.
Give the opposites of the words in italics.
1) hated 2) come in 3) go 4) nowhere 5) up 6) found 7) everywhere 8) laughing 9) sad
1. Rewrite the passage below using capital letters where necessary –
(i) one Saturday afternoon amarjit and his little sister rani went for a picnic to india gate, there they saw ducks, water and their friend raj.
One Saturday afternoon Amarjit and his little sister Rani went for a picnic to India Gate. There they saw ducks, water and their friend Raj.
(ii) oh dear said the fir tree I like my old needle-like leaves best for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them
“Oh dear!”, said the fir tree. “I like my old needle-like leaves best, for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them”.
1. Look at the picture below. In the yellow box there are eight things. Six of them you can see in the picture. The other two you cannot see. Write down the four things that you can see.
Ducks, flowers, tree and boy
2. Look at the picture again. Describe the picture,
A girl and a boy have come out for a picnic. They seem to enjoy their evening by the pond side seeing two ducks swimming in the water. The girl has put a mat on which she has kept a pillow, a lunch box, bananas, a ball, etc. The boy and the girl look happy watching the bird which is sitting near the mat.
1. Ajit loved flowers. He always wanted to have a garden for himself. Mohan, his friend, gave him an idea. He said, “Why, we can have a garden in a dish!”
“Ha! Ha!” Ajit laughed. “A garden in a dish?”
“Yes, dish gardens are tiny gardens planted in a shallow dish. We must first put sand, manure and pebbles in a dish. Plant very tiny plants in it and place the dish on the window sill.”
2. Glass breaks easily when it is dropped. Do you think a mud flower pot, a glass spoon, a wooden table, a plastic cup, books or your plastic water bottle can break easily? Mention the things that can.
Spoon and flower pot.
3. Which of the following actions would make others happy/unhappy?
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Unit 2 The Little Fir Tree – Image
|Actions that make people happy||Actions that make people unhappy|
|Actions that make people happy||Actions that make people unhappy|
|Respecting elders||Not saying thank you|
|Being polite||Not sharing|
|Playing with friends||Watching television all day|
|Visiting a sick friend||Telling lies|
|Caring for pets||Being greedy|
|Being honest||Getting angry easily|
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 2 – Noses
The chapter Noses briefs about the topic related to the nose. How the nose looks on the girl in the lesson and also the funny side of the nose. Students can make use of NCERT Solutions, which helps students effortlessly prepare for their exams. The solutions have been prepared by our expert faculty team, which will help you know how to handle tricky questions with ease.
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 2 – The Little Fir Tree
This chapter deals with the wishes of trees – how a tree wished to change its leaves, its colour and how it came true. The solutions are prepared based on the latest syllabus, covering all the topics present in this chapter. Students are advised to study from this textbook as it provides a wide variety of questions to practise, and they can gain that extra knowledge to score high marks in their board exams.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 2
How is it advantageous to use NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 2?
- The solutions have been developed by the experts based on the students’ abilities.
- Solutions are prepared in an easily understandable manner, so that any student can grasp the concepts at ease.
- All the questions in this chapter have been solved. Students can access the solutions module easily.
- Students can download the solutions PDF for free and can use it in offline mode as well.
Where can students find the solutions for NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 2?
Students can visit BYJU’S website and refer to the NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 2 solutions module in both online and offline modes. All the questions from the NCERT textbook for Class 4 English have been solved by our expert tutors after conducting vast research on the concepts, as per the latest CBSE guidelines.
Is the NCERT Class 4 English Solutions module free to download?
Yes, NCERT Class 4 English Solutions module is absolutely free to download from BYJU’S website. The solutions are completely exam-oriented to help students excel in their board examinations. Expert tutors have formulated the solutions based on the abilities of students, which makes it easy for any student to rely on them.