Students can refer to pdf of NCERT Solutions For Class 4 English which are designed by our expert team. NCERT Class 4 English Solutions is one of the best reference materials for students to prepare for their board exams. The solutions are formulated by the expert faculty team in an understandable manner, so that any student can understand the topics easily. By referring to these answers, students can clear their doubts pertaining to any question and can follow the correct methodology to answer questions.
Chapter 4 – Why? and Alice in Wonderland present in this page provides answers to the questions related to each and every topic discussed in this chapter. Students can refer and easily download the pdf of NCERT Class 4 English solutions for free, from the links given below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 4 – Why? and Alice in Wonderland:-Download PDF
Access Answers to NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 4 Why?
Reading is Fun
1. Name a few things that sink.
Stone, keys, marble, cup, plate, spoon, rock, etc.
2. List three questions that the little boy asks.
Three questions that the little boy asks are:
(i) Why should wood swim and marble sink?
(ii) Why should the sun shine and the wind blow?
(iii) Why do we eat and drink?
3. What sort of a boy is described in the poem?
(a) sad (b) curious (c) brave
Ram is a curious little boy. He is always asking questions. One day he came home and asked his grandfather questions like-
1. Why can’t we look at the sun during a solar eclipse?
2. Why can’t we touch the sun?
3. Why can’t we go out to play in the dark?
Discuss these questions with your teacher and class. Do you know the answers?
1. We can’t look at the sun during a solar eclipse because the sun rays can prove harmful for our eyes.
2. The sun is too far to reach and touch. We cannot touch it since it is too hot.
3. We cannot see in the dark, we may fall and hurt ourselves if we play in darkness. Good light is required for activities like playing games.
1. Fill in the blanks with words from the poem which rhyme with the coloured words in the sentences
Why is the sky so high?
Do you know the colour of snow?
Have you found who made the clouds?
Put the glass in the sink after you finish your drink.
2. The spellings of these words are jumbled. Put them right and make sentences of your own.
wokn know i don’t know whose book this is.
wism swim i know how to swim in the pond.
dael lead Lead is a metal.
blarme marble Marble is white in colour.
llihs hills Hills are very far away from the city.
1. Discuss and write-
(a) Why do cats and dogs fight?
Dogs and cats fight because they don’t like each other. Dogs are not friendly with cats.
(b) Why do we walk across the road, not run?
There are many vehicles on the road. In order to avoid accidents we walk across the road and do not run.
(c) Why do people like ice-cream?
People like ice-cream because it is a cold sweet thing which makes them happy.
2. Write down at least two questions using ‘why’?
(a) Why are you sleeping so early?
(b) Why do you laugh loudly?
Painting with ONION HALVES and BOTTLE TOPS
two onion halves, two bottle tops, water colour, plate for mixing.
Take an onion. Cut it into half. Mix some paint of any colour with a little water on a plate. Dip the cut side of the onion into the colour. Now press it on a paper to make designs. Press the bottle top into the centre of the design. You can use another colour for the other onion half and the other bottle top.
Do it yourself.
Access Answers to NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 4 Alice in Wonderland
Reading is Fun
1. While listening to the story, what did Alice see?
Alice while listening to the story she saw a white rabbit scamper by her.
2. What was different about the rabbit that Alice saw?
When Alice saw the rabbit, she noticed it had pink eyes and was wearing a blue coat and it could also speak.
3. Where did the rabbit go?
The rabbit popped down a big rabbit hole and went down and down into the rabbit hole.
4. How did Alice reach Wonderland?
Alice reached Wonderland by following the white rabbit into the hole.
5. What strange things did Alice see?
Alice saw a beautiful garden with beds of bright flowers and cool fountains.
6. Describe in your own words the garden that Alice saw.
The garden that Alice saw was the most beautiful garden she had ever seen. It had beds of bright flowers and cool fountains.
7. Draw the garden of your dreams.
Do it yourself.
8. Tick (Right) the correct answer.
• The rabbit had
white eyes big eyes pink eyes
• Who was burning with curiosity?
Alice the rabbit children
• Who fell down and down and down?
Alice a mouse the rabbit
• Who said − “Oh, my ears and whiskers? How late it’s getting!”
the rabbit Alice Alice’s sister
• The garden Alice saw was
big lovely small
1. Describe some of the sounds you hear at night.
I hear dogs barking, vehicles honking, aeroplane sounds, etc.
2. Imagine you are Alice and your partner is a rabbit. What would you do?
If I wear Alice and my partner rabbit, we both would have become close friends and would have gone to wonderland.
3. What do you think Alice saw in the garden?
Alice saw beautiful birds, beds of bright flowers, cool fountains and fruit trees.
4. How could Alice have got into the garden?
If Alice could have become smaller, she could have gotten into the garden easily.
1. Find one word from the story that means
(a) to walk fast h __________ . (b) to think w __________ .
(c) happy d __________ . (d) to be seen nowhere d __________ .
(e) at once q __________ .
(f) move fast s __________ . (g) to be inquisitive c _________ .
(a) to walk fast hurried. (b) to think wondered.
(c) happy delight. (d) to be seen nowhere disappeared.
(e) at once quickly.
(f) move fast scamper. (g) to be inquisitive curious.
2. Give another word for the ones given below with similar meanings and make sentences. Make sentences with each of the opposites of these describing words and make sentences with them—
lovely _____________ _________________________
talking _____________ _________________________
Listening _____________ _________________________
see _____________ _________________________
centre _____________ _________________________
lovely ugly I saw an ugly dress.
talking quiet Keep quiet in the class.
listening talking Anil keeps talking in the class.
see be blind The blind man was trying to cross the road.
centre outside Children go outside the classroom to play.
3. Imagine you are going on a journey to the centre of the earth. What do you think you will see? What would you feel?
Travelling to the centre of the earth makes me feel excited and nervous. I would see tiny buildings, full of water everywhere, different kinds of soils, etc.
4. Alice follows the strange rabbit because she wants to know a number of things. Re-arrange the words to make the questions that Alice has in her mind and put a question-mark(?).
(а) talk rabbit a how can
How can a rabbit talk?
(b) going he is where
Where is he going?
(c) read he can time the
Can he read the time?
(d) hurry is in a why he
Why is he in a hurry?
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 4 – Why?:-Download PDF
This chapter deals with a curious boy who is always in dilemma and asks why? why? For questions like, why wood should swim, why lead and marble sink in the water, why we eat and drink, why the sun sinks behind the hills. Later he found the reasons for all these types of questions in the story. To know how the curious boy got to know the answers download the NCERT Class 4 English Solutions pdf for free, from the links provided.
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 4 – Alice in Wonderland:-Download PDF
This chapter briefs about a little girl Alice, who sees a strange white rabbit wearing a waistcoat running into a hole. The girl following the rabbit suddenly popped down into a big hole and went down and down. She thinks she has reached the other side of the earth and observes a beautiful garden with lovely flowers, birds, tiny beds, fountains. This seemed like a wonderland and she wishes she could be small and be amongst them. The solutions to the questions for this chapter are readily prepared by our experts. Students can download the NCERT Solutions for free here.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 4
Why is NCERT Class 4 English Chapter 4 Solutions important?
NCERT Class 4 English Chapter Solutions are the best reference material for students to prepare for the exam. The solutions are designed by the subject experts with utmost care to help students understand the concepts clearly and perform well in the board exams.
How to perform well in the board exams using NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Chapter 4?
NCERT Class 4 English solutions provided here help students to analyze their ability to answer the questions from the textbook. The topics are explained in a simple language by the experienced faculty team at BYJU’S, having vast knowledge about the concepts. Students are advised to practice on a regular basis, which helps them crack difficult questions at ease in their examinations.
What was different about the rabbit that Alice saw in Chapter 4 of NCERT Class 4 English?
The rabbit which Alice saw had pink eyes and was wearing a blue coat and it could also speak. To know what happened to Alice in the story, students are advised to refer to the NCERT books, which are the best books for students to rely on. Students aspiring to secure high marks in their examination are advised to practice the solutions on a regular basis.