Chemistry is a vast subject abound with formulas and equations that might make a student’s learning experience unpleasant. But with the right tactics and approaches, you can be pretty sure that you’re you will definitely see an improvement in your overall score. But the most important precursor that we need to focus on is the resource, or the learning materials.
Typically, CBSE syllabus is published by NCERT. So therefore, it is advisable to stick to a single publisher as direct your effort to this. Furthermore, NCERT publishes the most detailed and elaborate content for their respective audience. In other words, the content is tailor made to suit the needs of the user without sacrificing informational quotient. So here are a few reasons why you need to consider NCERT Textbooks:
- NCERT is a research and educational organization, hence the content that they provide has high academic and educational value.
- The content that they create are accessible to all, without missing out important information.
- The language used is relatively jargon free and simple to understand. And it is interesting to read because of the elaborate and detailed diagrams that usually accompanies with the content.
- Even if jargons are used, they are always explained or broken down to explain the concepts thoroughly.
- Content is designed in such a way that it bridges gap between education and its applications in the real world.
- NCERT Textbooks offers the best in terms of informational quotient and readability.
But having the right resource just takes you halfway to the goal. To reach all the way, you need to sincerely put in efforts and if necessary, change the way you study. For starters, begin by evaluating your method of study. Ensure that you set goals just to track your progress, and if you feel that your methods are inefficient, then analyse the areas where improvement is needed.
One of the most efficient methods to learning is jotting down notes during a lecture. This is by far the most underrated technique of learning. Here, there is coordination between the hands, ears, eyes and the brain. What this means is, you are alert and are able to absorb information more effectively. Furthermore, you can recall this information more easily and accurately in the exams. And if any information needs to be memorized, this is by far the most effective method to do it. Use flashcards or sticky notes to organize information or to store them in a convenient form. And because the flashcards can hold a limited amount of content, it becomes easy for the brain to read and comprehend these bite-sized chunks of information.