Dinoflagellates are unicellular eukaryotic organisms having two flagella. They have characteristics of both plants and animals. They are autotroph or heterotroph. They are also found as endosymbiont in red algae. The colour varies depending on the pigments present in them. They are bioluminescent and cause red tide.
1. Dinoflagellates belong to
2. In which of the following organisms, the cell wall is made up of two overlapping shells?
(c) Slime moulds
3. Most of the Dinoflagellates are
(d) both (a) and (b)
4. Dinoflagellates are
(c) they have many flagella
(d) non flagellate
5. Food reserve in Dinoflagellates is
(a) Alginic acid
6. Which of the following pigments are not present in Dinoflagellates?
(b) Chlorophyll a
(c) Chlorophyll b
(d) Chlorophyll c
7. Which of the following protozoans show bioluminescence?
8. Marine phytoplankton is mostly represented by
(a) Brown algae
(b) Green algae
(d) Diatoms and Dinoflagellates
9. The function of pusule in Dinoflagellate is
(b) Food production
(c) Food storage
10. Dinoflagellates are
(d) All of these
|1. (b)||2. (a)||3. (b)||4. (a)||5. (c)|
|6. (c)||7. (b)||8. (d)||9. (a)||10. (d)|