The nucleolus is present in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells. Nucleoli are made up of DNA, RNA and protein. It is not a membrane-bound structure. It is the site of ribosomal RNA synthesis. Therefore they are actively involved in protein synthesis.
1. Ribosomes are produced and assembled in
(d) Golgi apparatus
2. An outer membrane is not present in
3. Nucleoproteíns are synthesised in
(c) nuclear envelope
4. Which of the components of nucleolus disappears during late prophase and reappears during telophase?
(d) Nuclear pore
5. The main function of nucleolus is
(a) Protein synthesis
(b) ATP production
(c) DNA synthesis
(d) rRNA synthesis
6. Which of the following can pass through a nuclear pore?
(a) Ribosomal subunits
(d) both (a) and (c)
7. Which of the following are synthesised in the nucleolus?
(d) all of the above
8. Nucleoli were discovered by
(a) Felice Fontana
(b) Robert Hook
(c) Robert Brown
9. Synthesis of ribosomes in prokaryotes occurs in
10. Find the incorrect statement
(a) nucleolus is formed around nucleolar organizing regions
(b) only one nucleoli is found in the nucleus
(c) transcription of rDNA occurs in fibrillar center
(d) nucleolus contains a high concentration of iron in various plant species