Protozoa are unicellular eukaryotic organisms. They are heterotrophic. They may be free-living or parasitic. A single cell performs all the metabolic and reproductive functions. Many protozoans live as an endoparasite in humans and and cause various diseases.
1. Unicellular eukaryotes are grouped in
2. Which of the following organisms will vanish if all the ponds and puddles are destroyed?
3. In Amoeba and Paramecium, the cell organelle for osmoregulation is
(b) body surface
(c) contractile vacuole
4. Which class does the malarial parasite belong to?
5. Protozoa are classified on the basis of
(a) locomotory organelle
(c) number of nuclei
6. Organ of defense in protozoans is
7. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of prtozoans
(a) binary fission
(b) contractile vacuole
(c) cell membrane as an outer body covering
8. Which of the following class of protozoa does not generally contain contractile vacuole?
9. Trypanosoma belongs to which of the following group?
10. Which of the following protozoan causes African sleeping sickness
(a) Plasmodium vivax
(b) Entamoeba gingivalis
(c) Trypanosoma lewsii
(d) Trypanosoma gambiense
|1. (b)||2. (a)||3. (c)||4. (d)||5. (a)|
|6. (b)||7. (c)||8. (a)||9. (a)||10. (d)|