The aim of the recruitment drive was to fill in 861 seats, but now the administration has decided to increase the number of seats to 1,022.
UPSC Prelims 2022: On June 22, 2022, the Union Public Service Commission released the UPSC Prelims 2022 for approximately 11.52 lakh candidates. The examination was conducted on June 5, 2022. The UPSC Prelims Result 2022 has been declared in a recording period of 17 days. The result is available on the official website.
According to the data released, 13,090 candidates have qualified for the next round, which is UPSC Mains 2022. Earlier, the aim of the recruitment drive was to fill up 861 seats, but now the administration has decided to increase the number of seats to 1,022.
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the civil service examination to choose officers for the Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, and Indian Administrative Service. The selection process is divided into 3 parts: preliminary, main, and interview. Candidates are qualified on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained.
As per the pattern followed, only those candidates who have cleared the UPSC Prelims 2022 successfully are eligible for the UPSC Mains 2022. In order to appear for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2022, candidates will have to register by filling in the Detailed Application Form-I (DAF-I). The next round will commence on September 16, 2022. The DAF-I release date has still not been announced. Candidates are advised to check the official website for updates.
How to check UPSC Prelims result 2022?
- The UPSC Prelims Result 2022 can be found at upsc.gov.in.
- Visit the official website and click the “active examination” tab, which will be visible on the homepage.
- Now click on the link that reads “Civil Services Prelims 2022.”
- Click on the link which is designated as “result” on the new redirected page.
- The last step is to check and download the result, which will be available in pdf format.