The computer has become an essential part of life for all of us today. That’s why today’s era is said to be a computer’s era.
Computers have fundamentally changed people’s lives. In today’s computer’s era, the computer has become an essential part of our lives. Therefore, we need it to be secure also. If this device does not have proper protection, it might be dangerous for us.
Many hackers unlock all our confidential emails and documents, transfer our money into their accounts and pry into other essential documents.
What is Security?
Security is essential for computers; without protection, there can be damage to any institution, confidential documents, email ID, etc.
When we log in after starting the computer, we enter the password for logging in. This is a kind of security.
By using the password, nobody can see our files or change them. In the same way, the password is used for the user ID.
We can stop hackers from sending wrong emails or reading our emails using passwords. A password is used for email banking also. Therefore, banks use other kinds of security features too.
How to keep Computer and Data Safe
The Internet has changed our life. The danger has been widened with the techniques of network, and increased use of computers by persons and businesses.
Here are a few points to keep our data and the computer safe from hackers and other types of danger.
- Never log in to unsafe websites.
- Keep changing your password from time to time.
- Keep all your passwords confidential. Never share your password.
- We should always keep firewalls on and follow the firewall’s rules.
- Make a difficult password using the alphabet, numbers, and special symbols.
- We should not visit our bank and any other important website through unsafe sites or email.
- Do not keep the same password for all sites. Make different passwords for websites.
- We should use authentic antivirus software, and it should be updated from time to time.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more information on NIOS, syllabus, notes, along with its important questions and solutions.