In those days, before the invention of computers and the internet, people wrote letters and sent greetings through posts, which took several days to reach their destination, and then a few more days to receive a reply.
Thanks to this modern technology.
What is E-mail?
E-mails are modern age letters.
E-mail means electronic mail, which is the medium for sending and receiving communication using the internet.
- Sending and receiving messages electronically is known as e-mail.
- The place where received e-mails are stored is known as the inbox.
- E-mail can be sent from any place, any time and at less cost to any corner of the world.
- We can also send files through E-mails. The files sent with e-mail are known as attachments.
What is an E-mail Address?
An E-mail address is first typed in the message box to send an e-mail.
For example, email@example.com.
- The E-mail address is known as an e-mail id.
- There cannot be any mail without any e-mail address.
- An E-mail address is required for both sender and receiver of an e-mail.
- If we type the correct e-mail address, the mail reaches the right person.
- The address book saves the e-mail id of those to whom we send e-mails regularly.
- While sending an e-mail, this E-mail address is used, just like the sender’s address.
Benefits of E-mail
- E-mail reaches quickly.
- The cost of sending an e-mail is very less.
- There is no limited size of the e-mail message.
- We can also send letters, files, reports, pictures etc., by e-mail.
- All the messages received will be stored in the inbox. The user can read these e-mails when he is free.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more information on NIOS, syllabus, notes, along with its important questions and solutions.