Our body is composed of many parts – internal and external organs. External and internal organs help us walk, run, write, breathe, digest our food, reproduce, excrete wastes, etc. Other than the external parts, there are many parts hidden inside our body, and are collectively called the internal organs of the human body.
In this lesson, we will learn about some of these essential internal organs of the human body.
In our body, there are a vast number of organs. These internal organs perform the work, while the external organs link the outside to the inside.
The internal organs of our body are hidden inside the head, chest and stomach. These organs are necessary for various body functions.
List of internal organs of the human body
Bones and Muscles
- Muscles cover the bones.
- Bones and muscles help us in walking and our movement.
- Our bones, muscles, and joints form our musculoskeletal system, which coordinates and control our body movements.
- Skeleton gives shape and strength to the body.
- Skeleton protects the soft and delicate parts of the body.
- The main components of the skeleton are- head, spine, ribs, shoulder and hip bones, arm and leg bones, joints and muscles.
- The food which we eat is digested in the digestive system.
- The main parts of the digestive system are – mouth, food pipe, stomach, small intestine, big intestine, rectum, anus and liver.
- The lungs help us to breathe.
- The lungs have lakhs of airbags, where there is an exchange of gases.
- The heart’s primary function is to send blood to all parts of the body.
- The heart is made of very strong muscles.
- There are many body organs, which function continuously. They enable processes like digestion of food, breathing, blood circulation, body growth, etc.
- Many harmful substances are produced in this process, and such waste must be removed from the body.
- The kidneys are involved in removing harmful substances in the form of urine from the body.
- All living creatures have babies to maintain their species.
- The organs which help in producing offspring are called the reproductive organs.
- In human beings, two people are necessary to produce children – male and female. There is a lot of difference in the reproductive organs of males and females.
The male reproductive organ lies outside the body, mainly testicles, sperms, semen and penis.
The female reproductive organs are in the lower part of the abdomen – mainly, uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and vagina.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more information on NIOS, syllabus, notes, along with its important questions and solutions.