The International Astronomy Olympiad (IAO) is a scientific-educational competition for junior high school students (ages fourteen to eighteen) to encourage them to pursue careers in astronomy. The competition inspires candidates to demonstrate their abilities, resulting in interactions, information exchanges, and collaboration among teachers, scientists, and pupils from other countries. The exercises are intended to promote inventiveness, creativity, and independent thinking. The Olympiad exams take place in a calm and friendly atmosphere.
Owing to events like IAO, many high school students are likely to pursue astronomy in college, paving the way for the next era of astronomers. The applicants’ scores, ranks, and other important information will be revealed in the IAO 2021–22 Results. The IAO Result will be made available on the official website.
Forms to be submitted for IAO Exam Registration
All candidates must pay the registration fee. They should take notes on the process’s start date, so they don’t forget. Once they have registered, they must print a copy of the application form, including their form number and required future updates. The documents to be submitted for IAO Exam Registrations are listed below.
- The application form
- Personal information details
- Colour scan of a passport, including the required signature and photo.
- There are instructions for a team leader who is in charge of translating problems into the participants’ local language. Olympiad competitors’ rules and regulations must be translated into the participants’ local languages.
Syllabus for the IAO Examination
To solve the problems on the IAO question paper, the candidate should have a basic understanding of high school Math, Physics, and the IAO Syllabus. Complex numbers, spherical trigonometry, differential calculus, integral equations, and spherical trigonometry are not covered.
- The exam’s question-and-answer section includes units commonly used in astronomy and the physical sciences. In addition to the SI system, applicants must utilise an appropriate unit.
- Candidates must accurately round off the final results and answer with the appropriate number of significant digits.
- The number of theoretical problems should be between four and six, according to the Olympic Coordinating Council’s Methodical Commission. The theoretical questions should cover at least four different fields of astronomy.
- There should only be one or two practical issues, as per the Olympic Coordinating Council and the Common Commission of the host Astronomical Centre. The practical rounds should concentrate on the latest research at the host Astronomical Centre. The number of observational problems should range from one to three. Each problem may have a set of questions.
IAO (2021-22) Result
The results of the International Astronomy Olympiad 2022 will be released when the event has taken place and all of the stages have been fully completed. The IAO 2022 results will indicate the candidates’ scores, ranks, and other vital information. The results will be posted on the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions on IAO Result
How do I register for the IAO 2022?
You must first register for the National Standard Examination in Astronomy to participate in the IAO. It is the first step toward participation, and the form can be received at any NSE Centres in the member countries.
- The initial step in registering for IAO 2022 is to identify the nearest NSE Center.
- After you’ve located your centre, you’ll need to fill out the form.
- After correctly filling out the IAO 2022 registration form, send it to the NSE Centre’s office.</div>