A circuit diagram gives a graphical representation of an electrical circuit. Circuit diagrams help in designing, constructing and maintaining electrical and electronic equipment.
A simple circuit diagram features these three essential components:
- A voltage source
- A conductive pathway (a path that facilitates the motion of charges)
- A resistor (can be a bulb/motor)
Read more: Circuit Diagram
Important Circuit Diagram Questions with Answers
1. Which of the following components is represented by a zig-zag line?
- The cell
- The switch
- The ammeter
- The resistor
Answer: d) The resistor.
Explanation: The resistor is represented by zig-zag lines and is used to regulate current flow.
2. What is an electric cell?
The cell is the energy source that converts chemical energy into electrical energy. It has two terminals, where one terminal is positive, and another terminal is negative.
3. The above image represents ______
- Electric bulb
Answer: c) Electric bulb.
Explanation: The above symbol represents the electric bulb.
4. State true or false: The circuit diagram is a simplified graphical representation of an electrical circuit.
Answer: a) TRUE
Explanation: Yes, the circuit diagram is a simplified graphical representation of an electrical circuit.
5. _____ is the region on an electrical circuit between two circuit elements. This region is represented as a dot or a small filled circle.
- Electrical element
Answer: c) Node
Explanation: A point on the electrical circuit where two or more elements join together is a node.
6. Which of the following is used to increase the output signal in the electrical circuit?
Answer: b) Amplifier
Explanation: An amplifier is a component used to increase the output signal.
7. A circled letter M in a circuit diagram represents _____
Answer: d) Motor
Explanation: A motor is a transducer used for converting electrical energy to kinetic power. It is represented as a circled letter M in a circuit diagram.
8. Circuit diagram is also known as ______
- Electrical diagram
- Electronic schematic
- Elementary diagram
- All the above options
Answer: d) All the above options.
Explanation: The circuit diagram is also called the electrical diagram, electronic schematic, and elementary diagram.
9. Variable resistance is also known as _____
Answer: c) Rheostat
Explanation: A rheostat is used to regulate the amount of current flow by increasing or decreasing the resistance to the current flow.
10. _____ is the device for opening and closing electrical circuits under normal load conditions.
Answer: c) Switch
Explanation: An electric switch is a plug key used to allow or stop current flow upon being pressed.
- What is an electric circuit?
- How is an electric circuit classified?
- List some of the commonly used circuit components.
- What is an electrical schematic diagram?
- What is a short circuit?
Watch the video below to know about the flow of current.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S and Fall in Love with Learning!