Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 Motion In A Straight Line MCQs are provided here with answers. These questions are designed as per the latest CBSE syllabus and NCERT curriculum. Solving these chapter-wise MCQs will help students to score good marks in the final exam. Motion In A Straight Line Class 11 physics MCQs are prepared for a better understanding of the concept. It allows students to test their knowledge and answering skills in the given time frame.
MCQs on Class 11 Chapter 3 Motion In A Straight Line
Check the multiple-choice questions for the 11th Class Physics Motion In A Straight Line chapter. Each MCQ will have four options here, out of which only one is correct. Students have to pick the correct option and check the answer provided here.
Download Chapter 3 Motion In A Straight Line MCQs PDF by clicking on the button below.
1. Consider a body moving with an acceleration of 2 m/s². After t seconds its velocity is 10 m/s. Find ‘t’.
- 4 s
- 20 s
- 5 s
- 8 s
Answer: (c) 5 s
t=v-u/a = 10/2= 5 s
2. For the motion with uniform velocity, the slope of the velocity-time graph is equal to
- 1 m/s
- Initial velocity
- Final velocity
Answer: (b) Zero
Explanation: In uniform motion, the object travels with uniform speed. In uniform motion, the velocity of the body remains constant as it covers equal distances in equal intervals of time.
3. Two trains of 40 m length are travelling in opposite directions with a velocity of 10 m/s and 15 m/s. What is the time of crossing?
- 2.4 s
- 3.2 s
- 4.4 s
Answer: (c) 3.2 s
Explanation: Length of train L= 40-(-40) = 80
t=L/v = 80/25
4. The change in velocity corresponding to the time interval within which the change has accelerated is known as _________________
- Instantaneous Velocity
- Uniform Motion
- Average Acceleration
Answer: (d) Average Acceleration
Explanation: The change in velocity corresponding to the time interval within which the change has accelerated is known as average acceleration.
5. A particle is moving with a constant speed along a straight-line path. A force is not required to
- change its direction
- decrease its speed
- keep it moving with uniform velocity
- Increase its momentum
Answer: (c) keep it moving with uniform velocity
Explanation: Force is not required for a particle to move with a constant speed along a straight-line path.
6. Unit of acceleration is _________________
Answer: (c) m/s2
Explanation: The unit of acceleration is m/s2.
7. When the distance travelled by a body is proportional to the time taken. What happens to its speed?
- Becomes zero
- Remains the same
Answer: (b) Remains the same
Explanation: The speed remains the same when the distance travelled by a body is proportional to the time taken.
8. Which is the formula for motion in a straight line
- v =u + at
- v =u – at
- U = 2at+v
- v = 2at+u
Answer: (a) v =u + at
Explanation: The formula for motion in a straight line is v =u + at.
9. Which among the following can be zero when a particle is in motion for some time.
Answer: (d) Displacement
Explanation: Displacement can be zero when a particle is in motion for some time.
10. The ratio of the average velocity and average speed of a body is
- More than 1
- 1 or Less than 1
- None of these options
Answer: (c) 1 or Less than 1
Explanation: The ratio of the average velocity and average speed of a body is always 1 or less than 1.