Introducing to you the latest Class 12 Physics MCQs for Chapter 13, along with their answers. The MCQ Questions with answers for Class 12 Physics, created as per the latest exam pattern, will help students improve their proficiency in the chapter and help them score good marks in board exams.
Download Chapter 13 Nuclei MCQs PDF by clicking on the button below.
Class 12 Nuclei MCQs
Check the multiple-choice questions for the 12th Class Physics Nuclei Chapter. Each MCQ will have four options here, out of which only one is correct. Students have to pick the correct option and check the answer provided here.
1. Which of the following quantities is not conserved in a nuclear reaction?
- None of the above
Answer: (a) Mass
Explanation: Mass is not conserved in a nuclear reaction.
2. A radioactive nucleus emits a beta particle, then the parent and daughter nuclei are
Answer: (d) Isobars
Explanation: The parent and daughter nuclei are isobars.
3. An electron emitted in beta radiation originates from
- Free electrons existing in the nuclei
- Inner orbits of an atom
- photon escaping from the nucleus
- decay of a neutron in a nuclei
Answer: (c) photon escaping from the nucleus
Explanation: An electron emitted in beta radiation originates from photons escaping from the nucleus.
4. The light energy emitted by a star is due to
- Joining of nuclei
- Burning of nuclei
- Breaking of nuclei
- Reflection of solar light
Answer: (a) Joining of nuclei
Explanation: The light energy emitted by a star is due to the joining of nuclei.
5. In nuclear reactions, there is a conservation of
- Energy only
- Mass only
- Mass, energy and momentum
- Momentum only
Answer: (d) Momentum only
Explanation: In nuclear reactions, there is a conservation of momentum only.
6. Which of the following are not emitted by radioactive substances?
- Gamma Rays
- Helium Nuclei
Answer: (a) Protons
Explanation: Protons are not emitted by radioactive substances.
7. From where are the gamma rays originated?
- The innermost shell of the nucleus
- The outermost shell of the nucleus
- The outermost shell of the atom
Answer: (c) Nucleus
Explanation: Gamma rays are originated from the nucleus.
8. Sun’s radiant energy is due to
- Nuclear Fusion
- Nuclear Fission
- Photoelectric Effect
- Radioactive Deacy
Answer: (a) Nuclear Fusion
Explanation: Sun’s radiant energy is due to Nuclear Fusion.
9. A nucleus undergoes gamma decay due to
- Excess of neutrons
- Excess of protons
- Its excited state
- Large mass
Answer: (d) Its excited state
Explanation: A nucleus undergoes gamma decay due to its excited state.
10. Isotones have the same number of
- All of the above
Answer: (c) Neutrons
Explanation: Isotones have the same number of neutrons.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S and Fall in Love with Learning!