- The lens works on which principle?
Answer: The lens works on the principles of refraction.
- What is a concave lens?
Answer: The concave lens is the lens with at least one surface curved inside. This lens can diverge the light from the source.
- What is a concave lens also known as?
Answer: The concave lens is known as a diverging lens.
- What is meant by the power of the lens?
Answer: The power of a lens is defined as the reciprocal of the focal length.
- Which lens is used to cure myopia?
Answer: Myopia is cured using a concave lens because it helps to rectify the refractive errors.
- Does the refractive index affect the power of the lens?
Answer: Yes, the refractive index is one of the factors that affect the power of the lens.
- Define convex lens.
Answer: The convex lens is thicker at the centre and thinner at the edges. It converges into a straight beam of light.
- When a convex lens is combined with a concave lens, what would be the quality of the image?
Answer: A sharper image is formed when a convex lens is combined with a concave lens.
- How is the lens power measured?
Answer: Lens power is measured in dioptres (D).
- Which lens is used to treat hypermetropia or long-sightedness?
Answer: The convex lens is the lens used to treat hypermetropia or long-sightedness.
- What is the formula for finding the focal length of the convex lens?
Answer: The formula to find the focal length of the convex lens is 1/f=1/u+1/v.
- Which lens is used in the magnifier?
Answer: The convex lens is used in the magnifiers.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn more about light, properties of light and also about various types of lenses in an engaging and interesting way!.