- What is a sonometer?
Answer: A sonometer is a device to showcase the relationship between the frequency of the sound produced by the string when it is plucked and the length, tension, and mass per unit length of the string.
- What is Alternating Current (AC)?
Answer: Alternating Current is a current that changes its magnitude and polarity at regular intervals of time.
- What is a Direct Current (DC)?
Answer: Direct current is the unidirectional flow of an electric charge. Example: The mobile battery gives DC.
- List two uses of a sonometer.
Answer: Sonometer is used to find the frequency of the tuning fork. It is also used to find the tension in the string.
- Can the frequency of the alternating current be found using the sonometer?
Answer: Yes, the alternating current frequency can be found using the sonometer.
- What is the unit of frequency of an alternating current?
Answer: The unit of frequency of the alternating current is hertz (Hz).
- Define an electromagnet.
Answer: A magnet that can be magnetised through electric current is known as an electromagnet.
- Define a tuning fork.
Answer: A tuning fork is a U-shaped metallic bar where the middle of the bent portion is attached to the heavy steps.
- What is the formula to calculate the percentage of error?
Answer: The percentage of error is given by the formula:
- How is a direct current different from an alternating current?
Answer: Alternating current changes its magnitude and direction, while the direct current has the same magnitude and direction throughout.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn more about sonometer in an engaging and interesting way!.