1) What is meant by a measuring tool?
Devices that are used to find physical quantities of a body, such as a temperature, length, height, width etc., are generally called measuring tools.
2) What are the main examples of measuring tools?
The main examples of measuring instruments are vernier calliper, surface plate, slip bar, screw gauge, dial gauge, etc.
3) What is the use of a vernier calliper?
Vernier calliper is a tool used for measuring purposes when a quantity is to be calculated to second place to decimal, then micrometre and vernier calliper are used for the purpose.
4) Explain the theory behind the experiment “To measure the dimensions of a given regular body of known mass using a Vernier Callipers and hence find its density”?
Volume of a rectangular block = Length x Breadth x Thickness
5) What materials are used in the experiment “To measure the dimensions of a given regular body of known mass using a Vernier Callipers and hence find its density”?
Vernier callipers, a rectangular rigid block or glass slab and magnifying lens.
6) What is the vernier constant?
It is the least count of the device.
7) Why is a slide calliper generally known as ‘Vernier Callipers’?
It is named after the inventor Pierre Vernier.
8) What is meant by least count (L.C.)?
The least count is the least measurement that a device can do.
9) What are units of a vernier calliper?
There are no units for vernier callipers.
10) What is meant by density?
Density is the measure of the amount of matter per unit volume.
11) What is the S.I. unit of density?
Kilogram per cubic meter is the S.I. unit of density.
12) What is meant by volume?
Volume is generally defined as the amount of space acquired by a body.
13) What is the unit of volume?
Cubic meter is the unit of volume.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S and Fall in Love with Learning!