Any of the several large landmasses is known as the Continent. This article will give a complete list of the 7 continents and 5 oceans of planet earth. It will also provide information about the continents and oceans.
The 7 continents are given below:
- North America
- South America
The 5 Oceans are given below:
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Antarctic Ocean
Continent – Asia
- Asia is not only the largest continent by population, but also the largest continent by size.
- Although Asia is the largest continent by size and population, the African continent has more countries than Asia.
- Asia has some of the world’s largest countries in the world.
- China is the largest country in Asia.
- India is the second largest country in Asia and the world’s seventh largest country.
- The world’s two largest countries by population are China and India. Both these countries are located in Asia.
Continent – Africa
- The continent of Africa has 54 countries.
- Africa is the second-largest continent in the world.,
- Africa is bounded by the Mediterranean Sea, the Red Sea, the Indian Ocean, and the Atlantic Ocean.
- The largest country by land area in Africa is Algeria and the second largest country in Africa is the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Nigeria is the most populous country of Africa.
- The least populous and smallest country of Africa is Seychelles.
Continent – Europe
- Europe is bordered by Asia to its East, Mediterranean Sea to its South, Arctic Ocean to its north, and Atlantic Ocean to its west.
- The European Union (EU) is a political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe.
Continent – South America
- South America is predominantly in the Southern hemisphere.
- There are 12 sovereign countries in South America.
- Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- South America is connected to North America through the Isthmus of Panama.
Continent – Antarctica
- The southernmost continent on earth is Antarctica.
- Earth’s south pole is located in Antarctica.
- Antarctica is twice the size of the Australian continent.
- The 5th largest continent is Antarctica.
- Antarctica is mainly a polar desert.
- Around 30 countries govern Antarctica, all of which are signatories of the Antarctic Treaty System of 1959.
- As per the terms of the treaty, it is prohibited to dispose of nuclear wastes, conduct nuclear explosions, mining, and military activities.
- There will be around 5000 research scientists during the summer months in Antarctica.
Continent – Australia
- Australia is the largest country in the Oceania region.
- Australia is the world’s sixth largest country.
- Australia’s economy is highly developed.
- It has diverse landscapes such as mountain ranges, tropical rainforests, and deserts.
- The largest and deepest of the earth’s oceans is the Pacific Ocean.
- The deepest point in the World is the Mariana trench, which is located in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Pacific Ocean covers around 46% of the Earth’s water surface.
- The surface area of the Pacific Ocean is larger than the total land surface of the earth.
- The Atlantic Ocean is the World’s second largest ocean.
- The Atlantic Ocean covers around 29% of earth’s water surface area.
- The Indian Ocean is the third largest ocean.
- The Indian Ocean constitutes around 20% of the earth’s water surface.
- The Indian Ocean is bounded by Australia to its East, Africa to the West, and Asia to the North.
- To the south of the Indian Ocean is the Antarctic Ocean.
- It is the world’s second smallest ocean