Raipur is the capital of Chhattisgarh. Raipur is the largest city in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. This article will share more information about the capital Raipur and the state of Chhattisgarh.
Raipur – Interesting Facts about the Capital of Chhattisgarh
- Raipur is not only the capital of Chhattisgarh but also the administrative headquarters of Raipur District.
- Earlier, Raipur was part of Madhya Pradesh. After the bifurcation of Chhattisgarh from Madhya Pradesh, Raipur became part of the new Indian state, Chhattisgarh.
- In Central India, Raipur is a major business hub.
- In 2021, as per Swachh Survekshan, Raipur was ranked as the 6th cleanest city in India.
- In the ease of living index 2019, Raipur was ranked in the 7th position.
- As per the 2011 census, Raipur has a sex ratio of 945 females per 1000 males which is higher than the national average of 940 females per 1000 males.
- Raipur has a very high literacy rate. The female literacy rate stands at 81.10% and the male literacy rate is at 92.39%.
Industries Located in Raipur
- Raipur has many industries.
- It is also considered to be one of the best cities to do business.
- In India, Raipur is one of the biggest steel and iron markets.
- Raipur has 800 rice milling plants, 35 ferro-alloy plants, 60 plywood factories, 195 sponge iron plants, 200 steel rolling mills, 500 agro-industries, and at least 6 steel plants.
Raipur – Educational Institutions
- Raipur has become a major hub for education due to the presence of many institutes of national importance.
- Raipur has an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), National Institute of Technology (NIT), Indian Institute of Management (IIM), National Law University, and National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research.
Chhattisgarh – A Brief Overview
- Chhattisgarh is a landlocked state located in Central India.
- Earlier, Chhattisgarh was part of Madhya Pradesh.
- On 1 November 2000, Chhattisgarh was granted statehood.
- Among all the Indian states, Chhattisgarh has the 3rd largest forest cover.
- The 3rd largest coal reserves of India are found in Chhattisgarh.
- Many coal mining companies are located in Chhattisgarh.
- There are 33 districts in Chhattisgarh.
- The states bordering Chhattisgarh are Odisha to the east, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to the south, Jharkhand to the northeast, Maharashtra to the southwest, Madhya Pradesh to the northwest, and Uttar Pradesh to the north. Chhattisgarh shares borders with 7 different states of India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the capital of Chhattisgarh?
Currently, Raipur is the capital of Chhattisgarh. However, in the future, there are plans to make Naya Raipur the capital of Chhattisgarh. It is officially known as Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur.
Is Bilaspur the capital of Chhattisgarh?
No, Bilaspur is not the capital of Chhattisgarh. Currently, Raipur is the capital of Chhattisgarh. Bilaspur is located in Chhattisgarh. Bilaspur city is the administrative headquarters of the Bilaspur district. Bilaspur is the headquarters of Southeastern Coalfields Limited (SECL). Bilaspur is also the headquarters of the South East Central Railway (SECR) Zone. The Chhattisgarh High Court is located in the Bilaspur district.
What is Bhilai famous for?
Bhilai is famous for its steel plant. It houses one of the largest steel plants in India. The Bhilai Steel Plant is the sole manufacturer of rails in India that are used by the Indian Railways.
In which state is Durg?
Durg is located in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh.
Is Raipur a metro city?
Raipur is an Urban Agglomeration coming under the category of Million Plus UA/City.