Chandigarh is the capital of Haryana. Chandigarh is the joint capital of Haryana and Punjab. Chandigarh is very famous as it is a well-planned city. Chandigarh is a city, district, and union territory of India. This article will throw more light on the capital city of Chandigarh, and Haryana.
The name Chandigarh is derived from an ancient temple named Chandi Mandir located near the city. This temple is devoted to the Hindu goddess Chandi.
Chandigarh – A Brief Overview
- Chandigarh is bordered by the state of Haryana to the east.
- Chandigarh is bordered by Punjab to its south, west, and north.
- Chandigarh is famous for its urban design and architecture.
- It was designed by Le-Corbusier, a Swiss-French architect.
- In post-independent India, Chandigarh is one of the earliest planned cities.
- Chandigarh is ranked among the highest on the Human Development Index (HDI).
- Chandigarh was ranked as the happiest city in India, in one of the happiness indexes published in 2015.
- English is the official language of Chandigarh. The majority of the people speak Hindi, followed by Punjabi.
Chandigarh – Famous for Parks
- Chandigarh is famous for its green belts and tourist parks.
- Some of the famous parks are “Garden of Silence”, “The Rock Garden”, “Zakir Hussain Rose Garden”, “Botanical Garden”, “Japanese Garden”, etc.
Haryana – A Brief Overview
- Haryana is a North Indian state.
- Based on language, Haryana was carved out of Punjab on 1st November 1966.
- Faridabad is the most populous city in Haryana.
- Gurgaon is located in Haryana. It is one of the largest information technology, automobile, and financial hubs in India.
- Haryana has 22 districts.
- There are 32 special economic zones in Haryana.
- The state of Haryana is the 13th largest economy in India.
- Delhi is covered on the three sides by Haryana.
- Haryana is rich in tourism, flora and fauna, heritage, monuments, and history.