Telangana Board Class 7 Science Syllabus is very useful as it helps students to get an overview of the concepts covered in class for the subject. Science education helps students to understand the need for change and progress of the society. Engaging young students with different experiments helps them to learn and pursue the Science. Science helps you to be
- Nurtures your brain
Telangana Board class 7 Science syllabus covers some concepts on basic level understanding. To face the examination successfully, go through the entire syllabus. For better understanding and visualisation of each concept, register with BYJU’S learning app. The Science Syllabus for Class 7 are as follows:
- Listing out Food Components.
- Essential components of food
- Confirmation of presence of Food Components. (Carbohydrates, Fats, Protein conformation tests)
- Roughages or dietary fibres and its sources.
- Balanced diet
- Avoid junk food
- History of food and nutrition.
||Acid And Bases
- Listing out food items based on taste.
- Making of turmeric paper – natural indicator
- Natural indicators and changes.
- Litmus tests to know acidic / basic nature of substance.
- Acidic nature, basic nature
- Chemical indicators – phenolphthalein, methyl orange
- Acid rains.
- Organic manures.
- Uses of acids, basics and salts.
- Story of Silk
- Moth to Egg
- Cocoon to Fibre – process of reeling
- Reeling to Weaving
- Stores of wool
- Different stages involved in producing fabric from wool. (Shearing, Scouring, Sorting, Mealing, Dying, Carding, Spinning, Rolling of twisting and Knitting of wool).
- Differences between Silk and Cotton
||Motion and Time
- Identification of motion around us
- Motion and Rest
- Relative motion
- Uniform and Non uniform motions
- Types of motions (Translatory, Rotary, Oscillatory)
- Slow and Fast motions
- Estimating times and it’s units.
- Stop clock – measuring time
- Speed – it’s units and Calculations
||Heat – Measurements
- Seasons and temperature
- What is temperature?
- Heat – a form of energy
- Conversion of Energy
- Heat and temperature
- How to measure temperature?
- Types of thermometers (clinical, MMT, Digital, Laboratory)
- How to use Thermometer?
- Expansion of Liquids
||Weather and Climate
- Prediction about Weather
- Understanding Weather Reports
- Components of Weather
- Measuring temperature by using MMT
- Measuring rainfall by using Rain gauge
- How to know direction of wind?
- What is humidity?
- Are weather conditions cyclic during the years?
- What is climate?
- Climate and Lifestyle
||Electricity – Current and its Effect
- Make your own cell
- Dry cell
- Symbols of Electric components
- How to draw Circuit diagrams?
- Series and Parallel circuits
- Heating effect of electric current
- Tube light and compact fluorescent lamps
- Electric fuses
- Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
- Electricity in our home – billing
||Air,Winds and Cyclones
- Air and its influence on our daily life
- Where do we find air
- Air exerts pressure
- Air expands on heating
- Hot air is lighter than cold air
- Warm air rises up
- Effects of moving air
- Wind – Uneven heating on the earth.
- How the cyclones are formed?
- Factors contributing to cyclones
- Do’s and Don’ts during cyclones
||Reflection of Light
- How light reflects after striking an object?
- Observation of light reflection
- Laws of reflections, regular and irregular reflections
- Angle of incidence, Angle of reflections
- Make your own Periscope
- Mirror images, Virtual images, Real images
- Make your own Kaleidoscope
- Convex and Concave mirrors
- Images with Spherical mirrors
||Nutrition in Plants
- Von Helmont experiment
- What is photosynthesis?
- Exchange of air – stomata
- How plants make their food? (Autotrophic Nutrition)
- Other modes of Nutrition in plants (Heterotrophic Nutrition)
- Parasitic plants – Haustoria
- Insectivorous plants.
||Respiration in Organisms
- Respiration in human beings
- Counting of beats in a minutes
- Measuring of chest expansion
- Measuring of air in each breath
- Differences between exhaled and inhaled air
- Discovery of Oxygen and Carbon dioxide
- Gases in our breath
- Breathing in other animals – Fish, Frog, Cockroaches, earthworm
- Respiration in Plants and Sprouted seeds
||Reproduction in Plants
- Know more about flower
- Floral parts – Thalamus, Calyx, Corolla, Androecium, Gynoecium
- Complete and Incomplete flowers
- Unisexual and Bisexual flowersSexual parts of a flower (Pollen grain, ovary)
- Pollination (Self pollination, Cross pollination)
- Agents of Pollination
- Fertilization – Fruit – Seed
- A Sexual reproduction (Budding, Spores)
- Vegetative reproduction
- Why seeds dispersed?
- Different kinds of seeds
- Agents of seed dispersed (Wind, water, birds, animals, bursting of fruits and number beings)
- Seeds in fruits
||Water – Too little to Waste
- Source of water on the earth
- Water is a precious resource
- Types of impurities in sewage
- Wastewater treatment
- Diseases caused by untreated water
- Sewage disposing methods
- Drainage systems
- Water conservation
||Soil – Our Life
- Usefulness of soil
- Soil and life
- Preparation of soil life chart
- Soil is a good habitat
- Properties of the soil
- Types of soil
- Moisture of soil
- Percolation rate of soil
- Substances present in soil
- Horizons of soil
- Soils in our village
- Soil and crops
- Soil conservation
||Forest – Our Life
- Know about orchard
- What is a forest?
- Diversity in forest
- Types of forests in our state
- People living in forests
- Destruction of forests
- Conservation of forests
||Changes Around Us
- Periodical changes.
- Physical and chemical changes.
- Changes in ice while heating.
- Changes caused due to burning
- Rusting of iron.
- Browsing of cut vegetables and its prevention.
- Changes in magnesium ribbon.
- Chemical changes – reaction of copper sulphate with iron reaction of vinegar with baking soda, burning of camphor.
- Crystallization – crystallization of urea, copper sulphate