Whether you want to pursue an engineering course or any other courses related to the subject at the university level, Chemistry forms the core of Science syllabus. Tamil Nadu Board 2nd PUC Science syllabus caters to this exact need and provides you with the right platform from where you can launch your student career in the stream of your choice.
We understand that students leave no stone unturned when preparing for these crucial exams and in our effort to help you, we have put together an updated and complete syllabus of Chemistry of TN Board Class 12. Since we want you to find all the Science subjects syllabus comprehensive, we have also included syllabus for practical exams. Although, Class 12 exams in Tamil Nadu does not include practical, questions related to the experiments do appear in the question papers.
Here is the Chemistry syllabus for TN Board Class 12:
Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus
TN Board Class 12 Chemistry Theory Syllabus :
|Atomic Structure – II|
|p – Block Elements – II|
|Coordination Compounds and Bio-coordination Compounds|
|Solid state II|
|Thermodynamics – II|
|Chemical equilibrium II|
|Chemical Kinetics -II|
|Electrochemistry – I|
|Electrochemistry – II|
|Isomerism in Organic Chemistry|
|Organic Nitrogen Compounds|
|Chemistry in Action|
TN Board Class 12 Chemistry Practical Syllabus :
- Detection of Nitrogen, Halogen and Sulphur in organic compounds.
- Detection of Functional groups present in organic compounds.
- Saturation and Unsaturation
- Aromatic and aliphatic
- Aldehydes, carboxylic acids, diamides, phenolic groups-(Nature of any one functional group is identified)
- Qualitative analysis
- Determination of two cations and two anions in a given mixture.
- Cations: Pb++, Cu++, Al3+, Fe3+, Zn2+, Mn2+, Ca++, Ba2+, Mg2+, NH4+
- Anions: Borate, Sulphide, Sulphate, Carbonate, Nitrate, Chloride, Bromide.
- (Insoluble and interfering ions are to be excluded. Also, two cations of
- the same group and anions of the following)
- Combinations such as (Cl- + Br-) and ((CO32- + C2O42-) Should be avoided.
- Volumetric analysis
- a) Permanganometry
- Titration of Oxalic acid Vs KMnO4
- Titration of ferrous ammonium sulphate against KMnO4 solution.
- b) Dichrometry
- Standardization of K2 Cr2 O7 solution.
- Any one estimation using K2 Cr2 O7 as one of the oxidant.
Report should contain two acid radicals and two basic radicals, without mentioning the name of the salt. Confirmatory tests should be exhibited.