Mathematics is a challenging subject, and the topics introduced in Class 11 will lay the foundation for the higher classes. Here, for the students’ convenience and to get an overview of the concepts and topics taught in class under the subjects, students can refer to the Uttarakhand Board Class 11 Maths Syllabus.
Meanwhile, for the session 2020-21, the syllabus was reduced by 30% because of the COVID-19 pandemic. So, here we have compiled the revised syllabus for the current academic year and the details of the deleted portion.
Find below the units from which students can get an idea about the topics covered in class.
- UNIT-I: SETS AND FUNCTIONS
- UNIT-II: ALGEBRA
- UNIT-III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- UNIT-IV: CALCULUS
- UNIT-VI: STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
Meanwhile, details about the deleted portions of the syllabus are as given below:
UNIT-I: SETS AND FUNCTIONS
1. Sets :
Difference of sets. Complement of a set.
2. Relations & Functions:
(up to R x R x R). Sum, difference, product and quotients of functions.
3. Trigonometric Functions: General solution of trigonometric equations of the type sinØ = sin α, cosØ= cosα and tanØ= tan α.
1. Principle of Mathematical Induction:
Processes of the proof by induction, motivating the application of the method by looking at natural numbers as the least inductive subset of real numbers. The principle of mathematical induction and simple applications.
2. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations: Polar representation of complex numbers.
4. Permutations & Combinations: derivation of formulae.
5. Binomial Theorem: History, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices. Pascal’s triangle, General and middle term in binomial expansion, simple applications.
6. Sequence and Series: Sum to n terms of the special series Σn, Σn2 and Σn3.
UNIT-III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
2. Conic Sections: a point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerated case of a conic section.
UNIT-V: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
1. Mathematical Reasoning:
Mathematically acceptable statements. Connecting words/ phrases – consolidating the
understanding of “if and only if (necessary and sufficient) condition”, “implies”,
“and/or”, “implied by”, “and”, “or”, “there exists” and their use through variety of
examples related to real life and Mathematics. Validating the statements involving the
connecting words difference between contradiction, converse and contrapositive.
UNIT-VI: STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
Analysis of frequency distributions with equal means but different variances.
Axiomatic (set theoretic) probability, connections with the theories of earlier classes.
While the entire syllabus for UBSE Class 11 is available at the Uttarakhand Board official website, we at BYJU’S have provided the main subject’s syllabus for the students to download.