Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) eligibility criteria have to be fulfilled by candidates to appear for UPSEE. UPSEE will be conducted on 10 May 2020 by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU).
The eligibility criteria for candidates appearing for UPSEE 2020 are based on factors including qualification, qualifying marks and subjects in the qualifying exam.
UPSEE Eligibility Criteria:
Following are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech./B. Des./ B. Arch. / B. Pharm / BHMCT / BFAD /BFA /B Voc/ MBA (Integrated) /MCA (Integrated) / M.Tech (Integrated)
There is no age limit for candidates appearing for UPSEE 2020.
2) Subject combination
|Course||Compulsory Subject||Any one subject from the following|
Technical Vocational subject
Technical Vocational subject
3) Qualifying Marks
- B.Tech. / MCA (Integrated) / M.Tech (Integrated)
The minimum qualifying marks are 45% for general category (40% for reserved category) in (10+2) or equivalent examination or Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
Candidates must have passed (10+2) or equivalent with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, along with Mathematics/ Biology.
Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
BHMCT /BFAD /BFA/ MBA (Integrated)/B Voc/ B. Des
The minimum qualifying marks are 45% (40% for the SC/ST category) in (10+2) or equivalent examination.
4) Domicile requirement
- The UPSEE aspirants who have completed Class 12 or equivalent from an institution located in Uttar Pradesh and whose parents have a domicile of Uttar Pradesh are eligible to write UPSEE.
- The candidates, who have passed or are appearing for the qualifying examination from other states of India can appear for UPSEE, if their parents hold a domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- The candidates, who possess the requisite qualification and have passed the qualifying examination from outside Uttar Pradesh & their parents (both father and mother) do not have the domicile of UP can also apply. But, in this case, they are eligible to get admission into 10% seats only in Architecture/ Technology courses in private institutions affiliated to AKTU.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from other states and whose parents do not hold a domicile of Uttar Pradesh are not eligible for direct admission to the second year of B.Tech./ B.Pharm./ and MCA (Lateral Entry).
Eligibility for admission to NRI quota in the first year
NRI applicants can occupy 5% of seats. NRI applicants can directly take admission in institutions without appearing for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE). NRI quota is occupied by candidates with the following qualification.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from an institution outside India, which is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates must have passed High School Certificate Education (GCE) examination with Higher Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from / Cambridge / Sri Lanka / London.
( or )
- Candidates must have appeared in the SAT II examination with Mathematics level II, Physics and Chemistry.
Eligibility for admission to Foreign Nationals (FN) /Person of Indian Origin (PIO) /Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries (CIWGC)
Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, which is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by the Association of Indian Universities. Candidates should submit a copy of passport or equivalent evidence in support of their nationality. The candidates, opting for admission under this scheme, need not appear in UPSEE-2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit to appear for UPSEE-2020?
There is no age limit to appear for UPSEE -2020.
I haven’t studied Mathematics in Class 12. Am I eligible to appear for UPSEE and apply for B.Tech?
No, you are not eligible for the B.Tech course.
Are NRI applicants eligible for admission in institutions affiliated to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University?
Yes, there is a 5% reservation for NRI students. They need not write UPSEE-2020.