WBJEE cutoff score is based on candidates performance in all the sections of the question paper including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can check cutoff and institute-wise availability of seats from the official WBJEE website. The WBJEE cutoff 2020 is released by various institutes after the release of the WBJEE 2020 results.
As per the latest information released by WBJEE, the exact cutoff score will be announced by WBJEE around March 2020, after the WBJEE results. WBJEE 2020 cutoff score will be released by the participating institution in the form of opening rank and closing rank. cutoff score differs for different institutions, categories and courses.
Factors determining WBJEE cutoff marks 2020:
There is a change in cutoff score every year, depending on
- The difficulty level of the examination.
- The number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Availability of seats.
- Performance of the candidates.
- Previous year cutoff marks.
How is WBJEE 2020 cutoff calculated?
- The cutoff for admission in institutions includes only the score in WBJEE. Class 12 or equivalent exam marks are not included in calculating the cutoff.
- WBJEE cutoff marks are calculated using the marking scheme for the different categories in the question paper.
- After the score is calculated for every candidate, GMR (general merit list) and PMR (pharmacy merit list) are released, based on which admission is determined.
- GMR is for B.Tech, B.E and B.Arch courses.
- PMR is for admission in B.Pharm course.
Important Features of WBJEE cutoff 2020
- WBJEE 2020 cutoff score is released on the official website.
- The cutoff score varies for different courses and different institutions.
- The cutoff score is given in the form of ranks. Ranks are given to the candidates based on the marks obtained in WBJEE.
- WBJEE participating institutions will release the opening rank and closing rank.
- The cutoff score gives an idea to the candidate about his possible admission.
Rank calculation from WBJEE cutoff marks 2020
Considering various parameters, rank is calculated from the WBJEE cutoff.
|199 – 188||Ranks< 10|
|187 – 175||11 – 50|
|174 -163||51 – 1000|
|162 -150||1001 – 2500|
|149 – 138||2501 – 4000|
|137 – 125||4001 – 6000|
|124 – 100||6001 – 10000|
|99 – 75||10001 – 16000|
|74 – 63||16001 – 25000|
|62 – 50||25001 – 35000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the cutoff score remain the same for all courses?
No, the cutoff score varies for different courses.
When will the WBJEE 2020 cutoff score be released?
WBJEE 2020 cutoff score will be released only after the WBJEE 2020 results. The exact cutoff score will be released around March 2020. Candidates are requested to go through the board’s website (wbjeeb.nic.in) regularly to update themselves on the recent information on WBJEE 2020 cut-off.
Is there a change in opening rank and closing rank for different categories?
There is a difference in opening rank and closing rank for different categories. Please check the official website of WBJEE and institution websites to know the opening rank and closing rank for different categories.