Candidates should fulfil the WBJEE eligibility criteria 2020 to appear for the exam. The eligibility of WBJEE aspirant is based on factors like qualification, qualifying marks, age limit and nationality. Students from other states can also take the examination.
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is mandatory that candidates should hold Indian citizenship. Candidates from any state of India can appear for the examination.
- Domicile certificate is required only to claim reservation and for Government institutions. The State Domicile Certificate is applicable only for candidates who request for Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW).
- Candidates will be treated as a resident of West Bengal, only if they have been living in West Bengal for the last 10 years, as on 12th December 2019 or if the parents of the candidate are residents of West Bengal and hold a permanent residential certificate.
Lower age limit is 17 years as on 31st December 2020. Upper age limit for Marine Engineering Course is 25 years. However, there is no upper age limit for other courses.
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: To appear for Paper 1 and Paper 2 (Engineering course), candidates should have passed or will be appearing in Class 12 examination with the following subjects:
- Mathematics and Physics (compulsory subjects)
- Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science (any one subject from this list as compulsory subject)
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: To appear for Paper 2 (Pharmacy Course), candidates should have passed or will be appearing in Class 12 examination with the following subjects:
- Physics and Chemistry (compulsory subjects)
- Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application (any one subject from the list as compulsory subject)
Minimum marks in Class 12 exam to be eligible for WBJEE 2020 (Engineering and Pharmacy)
- General category:
45% in all the three subjects taken together
30% in English
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/OBC-C/PWD (reserved category):
40% in all the three subjects taken together
30% in English
However, there is a variation in the minimum pass percentage to qualify for admission in different universities.
Institute-wise WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|The University of Calcutta||All Courses except Jute & Fibre Technology
Jute & Fibre Technology Course
|Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology)||All available courses
Additional requirement for 5-Year Degree Course in Architecture
|The West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences||
|The Neotia University||B.Pharma Course
B.Tech in Marine Engineering
B.Tech Courses in Other Engineering Branches
Frequently Asked Questions on WBJEE Eligibility
1. I was born on 15th June 2004. I will be 16 years and 6 months as on 31st December 2020. Am I eligible to write WBJEE 2020?
No, you should complete 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
2. I am from Madhya Pradesh. Can I still write WBJEE?
Yes, you can write WBJEE 2020. Candidates from any state of India can appear for WBJEE.
3. I have passed the Class 12 exam with 45% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Am I eligible to get admission in all the institutions that accept WBJEE 2020 score?
The minimum aggregate percentage in Class 12 (Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry) varies for every institution.