Biological classification is the process of grouping living organisms on the basis of their similarities and dissimilarities. It is also known as taxonomy. The organisms are classified into five kingdoms:
- Kingdom Monera
- Kingdom Protista
- Kingdom Fungi
- Kingdom Plantae
- Kingdom Animalia.
Biological classification is of three types – artificial, natural and phylogenetic. The biological classification has made it possible to identify the organisms based on their characteristics.
Biological Classification MCQs
1. Which of the following organisms can be found in extreme saline conditions?
2. Linnaeus used which kingdom of classification?
- Artificial system
- Natural system
- Phylogenetic system
- Asexual system
3. Smallest taxon of classification is _______.
4. In which of the following kingdom are Archaea and Nitrogen-fixing organisms classified?
5. Bentham and Hooker gave which system of classification?
6. What is the main basis of classification in the five-kingdom system?
- Structure of the nucleus
- Structure of cell wall
- Asexual Reproduction
- Mode of Nutrition
Also Read: Five Kingdom Classification
7. Which of the following statements is false about the fungi?
- They are eukaryotes
- They are heterotrophs
- They possess a purely cellulosic cell wall
- None of the above
8. African Sleeping Sickness is caused by _______.
- Trypanozoma cruzi
- T. Tangela
- T. rhodesiense
- T. gambiense
9. Linnaeus evolved a system of nomenclature called _______.
10. What is a taxon?
- A group of related families
- A type of living organisms
- A group of related species
- A group of any ranking
11. Phylogenetic classification is based on _______.
- Overall similarities
- Habit of plants
- Common evolutionary descendants
- All of these
12. Static concept of species was proposed by _______.
- De Candolle
Also Read: Basis of Biological Classification
13. The protists have which of the following?
- Free nucleic acid aggregates
- Nucleoprotein in direct contact with the rest of the cell substance
- Membrane-bound nucleoproteins within the cytoplasm
- Nucleoproteins condensed together in a loose mass
14. Genes of Tobacco Mosaic Virus are _______.
- Double-stranded RNA
- Single-stranded RNA
- Double-stranded DNA
15. Blue-green algae belong to which group?
16. Who wrote the book “Genera Plantarum”?
- Benthem and Hooker
17. T.O. Diener discovered _______.
- Infectious protein
- Free infectious DNA
- Free infectious RNA
18. ICBN stands for _______.
- International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
- Indian Code of Botanical Nomenclature
- Indian Congress of Biological names
- Indian Congress of Botanical Nomenclature
Also Read: Taxonomy
|1- b||2- a||3- d||4- c||5- d||6- d|
|7- c||8- d||9- d||10- d||11- c||12- c|
|13- c||14- b||15- b||16- c||17- d||18- a|