1. What is CAT?
Every year, the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management), the most prestigious MBA colleges in India, conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT). The CAT exam test the candidates on their quantitative ability, data interpretation skills, logical reasoning and verbal aptitude.
2. Why the CAT exam?
The exam is preferred for by all the IIMs and most of the top B schools in India like FMS, SP Jain, MDI, IMI, NITIE ,IMT, JBIMS, etc. Over two lakh students take this exam every year, where sixty candidates compete for a single seat. It tests a candidate’s ability to deal with data, numbers, logic-based problem statements. Preparing for CAT also prepares students for various other aptitude based exams like other management entrance exam (NMAT, SNAP, XAT, MAT etc) and also is useful for Bank PO, placement exams, e-litmus, AMCAT etc. Visit why CAT to know more reasons to take the CAT.
3. How many CAT exams are conducted in a year?
The CAT exam is held only once every year. Typically, it is held in the month of November or December. Last year, IIM Kozhikode conducted the CAT 2019 on 24th November 2019. The exam was conducted throughout the country in test centres across 140 cities. For 2020, the tentative exam date is the last week of November 2020.
4. How to apply for CAT exam?
Students can apply online for the CAT exam through the official CAT website (www.iimcat.ac.in). Students need to register on the website and create a free account to provide all their details along with a digital passport size photograph to generate an admit card. Visit CAT registration to know all the details of the application process.
5. Who is Eligible for CAT:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category) awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Check CAT eligibility to know more.
6. When is the CAT exam held?
CAT exam is conducted every year either in the month of November or December. The set of dates on which students can write the exam varies every year depending on the organization conducting the exam.
7. How many attempts can you give for CAT exam?
Any individual is allowed to attempt the cat exam as many times they desire irrespective of their age, provided, he/she fulfills the CAT eligibility Criteria.
8. Why should I Opt for BYJU’S Course?
In BYJU’S preparation module, the video lectures are delivered by Byju Raveendran (CAT Topper) & P N Santosh (GMAT 780 Scorer & MBA from ISB, Hyderabad). Byju & Santosh are followed by over 6.5 Lakh students on Facebook – making them India’s Most Favorite CAT Trainers.
When it comes to CAT preparation, the teachers create the real difference. CAT requires qualitative, not quantitative preparation. Our material is full of shortcut techniques and strategies for which our trainers are known.
Flexibility- BYJU’S unique tablet preparation let you take your classes at any time of the day. You will get a dedicated personal mentor who will be solving your doubts and queries.
9. Who are going to be my trainers?
Since its inception, BYJU’S students have proved through their results and effective methods of learning that they are being served by the most friendly teachers of all time. The parents and the students have approved of the fact that BYJU’S has the best trainers in the country and using BYJU’S is the best decision they have taken.
CAT lectures are delivered by two faculties throughout:
Byju Raveendran – serial CAT 100 percentiler, P.N. Santosh: Verbal Expert, GMAT topper and ISB Hyd Alumnus.
10. What does the tablet preparation include?
BYJU’S CAT tablet provides you with CAT lectures, monitors your progress, tracks your performance and gives you constant feedback on your strengths, weaknesses and further pushes you to crack the CAT exam. With BYJU’S educational tablet, cracking CAT is easy as the lectures are given by India’s best CAT trainers. Their shortcut techniques, strategies and learning videos will make cracking the CAT exam a breeze.
Tablet Preparation includes:
- 150+ Hours of PRE-LOADED video lectures
- Online portal Access: You will be given access to Online CAT portal which includes the following:
- 1.4000 practice questions
- 2.All India Mock Test Series- 20 Mock tests- 15 for CAT, 5 for other management examination like NMAT, SNAP, XAT etc.
- Personal Mentor: Email and contact number of a mentor who will be available to you 24×7 to clear your CAT related doubts.
- CAT Preparation Books: On successful enrollment in our classes, you will receive 14 preparation books for CAT entrance exam.
- Membean software for Boosting Vocabulary: A dedicated software to boost your vocabulary for the management entrance examination.
- Group Discussion/Personal Interview Preparation: In the month of January, you will be entitled to our Group Discussion and Personal Interview preparation classes.
11. Are there any free mock test available in BYJU’S CAT preparation?
There are free tutorial videos available on our mobile app. The mobile app also contains 15 mock test series very similar to CAT exam.
12. What is the refund policy of BYJU’S?
We have a 7-day refund policy from the date of receiving the tablet. In case of any dissatisfaction towards the course, the entire fees are refunded.
13. Can I avail a discount or scholarship?
Registrations are now open for the 2020 batch. EARLY BIRD REGISTRATIONS will be availing our discount. We offer discounts and scholarships to the students who are availing CAT coaching from other institute or college going students. Call our CAT mentors at 9243500460 now and make use of great discounts.
14. I don’t have a tablet. Will I be provided a tablet while preparing?
Yes, you will be provided a tablet which will help you prepare for CAT. BYJU’s Classes CAT Tablet Course is available exclusively on Lenovo 7-inch tablet and Lenovo 10-inch Tablets.
PAYMENT OPTIONS :
- Online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking
- Direct Account Transfer to Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd.
A/C no: 035705001227
Bank & Branch: ICICI Bank, HSR Layout, 13th Main, Bangalore
IFSC Code: ICIC0000357
- 0% EMI Installment options also available.
15. What is the helpline number for tablet related issue?
You can call on the Technical helpline number: 09241333666 for any technical problems.
16. What is the helpline number for CAT preparation related queries?
You can call on the CAT helpline number: 9243500460 for further assistance.
17. How can I check the notifications and latest news about CAT?
You can click on this link: Notification for CAT related news and notifications.
Not finding what you are looking for? Call 9243500460 for assistance regarding CAT preparation. You can also send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer your query within one working day.