Motion is referred to as a change of position and can be described in terms of distance moved or the displacement. The motion of an object could either be uniform or non-uniform depending on whether its velocity is changing or constant. Learn in detail through CBSE class 9 science chapter 8 motion notes right here at BYJU’S.
Topics Covered In Chapter Motion
- Describing Motion
- Measuring the Rate of Motion
- Rate of Change of Velocity
- Graphical Representation of Motion
- Equations of Motion by Graphical Method
- Uniform Circular Motion
Frequently asked Questions on CBSE Class 9 Science Notes Chapter 8: Motion
What is ‘Rate of Velocity’?
The velocity of an object is the rate of change of its position with respect to a frame of reference.
What is ‘Uniform circular motion’?
Uniform circular motion is the motion of a particle moving at a constant speed on a circle.
What are the uses of ‘Velocity’?
1. Determination of speed of a body 2. Determination of velocity of a body 3. Determination of total distance travelled by a body