In India and as in many other colonies, the growth of modern nationalism is intimately connected to the anti-colonial movement. In Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 10 History, students will study the NonCooperation and Civil Disobedience Movements. They will get to explore how Congress sought to develop the national movement, how different social groups participated in the movement, and how nationalism captured the imagination of people from this chapter. These CBSE Class 10 History Chapter 2 Nationalism In India Important Questions are also devised covering these concepts. These questions are of good help for students preparing for the board exams.
Students can find the link to download the PDF version of this CBSE Class 10 History Important Questions of this chapter from this article.
Nationalism In India
1. In the year 1921, Jawaharlal Nehru had designed the Swaraj flag. True or False?
2. Who was a founder member of the Swaraj Party?
A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B) C.R. Das
C) Maulana Azad
D) Jawahar Lal Nehru
3. If you were a peasant in Uttar Pradesh in 1920, how would you have responded to Gandhiji’s call for Swaraj? Give reasons for your response.
4. Find out about other participants in the National Movement who were captured and put to death by the British. Can you think of a similar example from the national movement in Indo-China (Chapter 2)?
5. What are the three causes of the Non-cooperation Movement?
6. Define Mahatma Gandhi’s concept of Non-Cooperation?
7. Why did various classes and groups of Indians participate in the Civil Disobedience Movement?
8. Some Congress leaders were reluctant to commence the Non-Cooperation Movement. What was the reason for it?
9. Why is the growth of nationalism in the colonies linked to an anti-colonial movement? Explain.
10. What were the economic effects of the Non-Cooperation Movement?
11. “People interpreted the term ‘Swaraj’ in their own ways”. Explain the statement.
12. Why were the Indians outraged by the Rowlatt Act? Explain.
13. Why did Gandhiji decide to withdraw the Non-Cooperation Movement? Explain.
14. What is meant by the idea of “Satyagraha?” Explain.
15. Write a newspaper report on “Jallianwala Baag Massacre.”
16. How did the First World War help in the growth of the National Movement in India? Explain.
17. Write a newspaper report on the “Simon Commission.”
18. List all the different social groups which joined the Non-Cooperation Movement of 1921. Then choose any three and write about their hopes and struggles to show why they joined the movement.
19. Discuss the Salt March to make clear why it was an effective symbol of resistance against colonialism.
20. Why did political leaders differ sharply over the question of separate electorates?
21. How had the First World War created a new economic situation in India? Explain with three examples.
22. How did the rich peasants and women take part in Civil Disobedience Movement?
23. Describe the main features of ‘Poona Pact’.
Keep learning and stay tuned with BYJU’S for the latest update on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive Exams. Also, download the BYJU’S App for interactive study videos.