According to the CBSE Syllabus 2023-24, this chapter has been removed from the NCERT Class 10 Social Science textbook.
What are the challenges that democracy faces in our country and elsewhere? What can be done to reform democratic politics? How can our democracy become more democratic in its practice and outcomes? Chapter 8 of CBSE Class 10 Political Science makes some suggestions about how students can approach the questions of challenges and reforms. CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 8 Challenges to Democracy Important Questions from this chapter will help the students to come up with the reading of the challenges and recipe of how to overcome these. Students can revise the chapter thoroughly with the help of these questions.
Meanwhile, to access the PDF format of these CBSE Class 10 Political Science Important Questions of this chapter, students can click on the below-provided link.
Challenges to Democracy
1. Give examples of some countries of the world that are currently facing the challenges of the expansion of democracy.
2. Democracy faces many challenges. Explain a few of these challenges.
3. Mexico is facing a second free election after the defeat of PRI in 2000; the defeated candidate alleges rigging. Describe the challenges for democracy in this situation.
4. Elaborate on the main aim of political reforms.
5. What is the challenge of deepening democracy? Elaborate.
6. US, Guantanamo Bay: UN Secretary-General called this a violation of international law, and the US refused to respond. Describe the challenges for democracy in this situation.
7. Real democracy did not exist in Poland and Iraq. State the reason.
8. What are some of the broad guidelines that can be kept in mind while devising ways and means for political reforms in India?
9. “A challenge is an opportunity for progress”. Give arguments to justify the statements.
10. What is “democratic reform?” Explain.
11. What is your definition of a good democracy? (Write 50 words).
12. What are the features of democracy?
13. Define the term “regionalism.”
14. Write a note on the challenge of the expansion of democracy.
15. Describe how some countries face the foundational challenge of democracy. Support with examples.
16. Think of all the challenges that democracy faces in contemporary India. List the top five challenges faced by the country.
17. Not many of the established democracies face the challenge of expansion. True or False?
18. Pakistan: General Musharraf held a referendum on allegations of fraud in the voters’ list. Describe the challenges for democracy in this situation.
19. Democratic reforms can be mainly brought through political practice. True or False?
20. Elaborate on how some countries of the world are currently facing the challenges of the expansion of democracy. Give examples.
21. ‘Legal-constitutional changes by themselves cannot overcome challenges to democracy’. Justify the statement with an example.
22. How many countries of the world are not under democratic government or have no democracy even today?
23. What is a foundational challenge? State one example.
These CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 8 Challenges to Democracy Important Questions will boost the exam preparation of students and help them fetch more marks in the board exam. For more study resources, visit BYJU’S and download the app to watch interactive study videos.