Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 6 Civics, deals with the fact that people are different from each other in many ways. Not only do they look different but they might also belong to different regional, cultural or religious backgrounds. Students can learn and understand diversity from this Chapter. CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 1 Understanding Diversity Important Questions based on the major concepts of the Chapter help students to revise for the exam most proficiently. Students can score well in the exam by practising these important questions.
Learn the Chapter most thoroughly and master the concepts with the help of these important questions. Click on the link provided below in the article and access the CBSE Class 6 Important Questions of Chapter 1 Civics to study for the exam.
1. What does diversity add to our lives?
2. In your opinion is it a fair situation that some children get to go to school and others don’t?
3. How do we explain Diversity?
4. Write a short note about Ladakh.
5. How are Kerala and Ladakh different?
6. India’s national anthem, composed by Rabindranath Tagore, is another expression of the unity of India. In what way does the national anthem describe this unity?
7. Which are the different festivals celebrated in your locality? Name these celebrations that are shared by members of different regional and religious communities.
8. What do you think living in India with its rich heritage of diversity adds to your life?
9. Do you think the term “unity in diversity” is an appropriate term to describe India? What do you think Nehru is trying to say about Indian unity in the sentence quoted above from his book The Discovery of India?
10. Underline the line in the poem sung after the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, which according to you, reflects India’s essential unity.
11. Why is India called the Land of Diversities?
12. Which are the different religions practised in Kerala?
13. What is the Caste System? Is it an example of inequality?
14. Write a short description about Kerala.
15. ______ and _________ that emerged during the freedom struggle serve as a constant reminder of our country’s rich tradition of respect for diversity.
16. What was used as a symbol of protest against the British by people everywhere?
17. Who coined the phrase “unity in diversity” to describe the country?
18. Define the term cheena-vala.
19. What is the Kesar Saga?
20. Who discovered the sea route to India from Europe ? How was it discovered?
21. What is the source of drinking water for the people for Ladakh?
(b) Melting of snow
(d) None of the above
22. Where is the pashmina wool produced?
23. Name the utensil used for frying Cheenavala.
(a) frying pan
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) none of these