From Chapter 8 of CBSE Class 6, students can learn about the different ways in which people earn their living in villages. They can further examine whether people have equal opportunities to earn a living. Students can also look at the similarities in their life situations and the problems that they face. One of the best ways to master all these concepts well is to solve the CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 8 Rural Livelihoods Important Questions. These questions help students to revise the Chapter and study most competently for the exam.
Now, start studying and score well in the exam with the help of these CBSE Class 6 Civics Important Questions. Students can access these questions from the article and can download the PDF format from this link given below.
1. Would you say that a majority of the country’s farmers are quite poor? What do you think can be done to change this situation?
2. Have you heard of the tsunami? What is this and what damage do you think it might have done to the life of fishing families?
3. You have probably noticed that people in Kalpattu are engaged in a variety of non-farm work. List five of these.
4. List the different types of people you read about in Kalpattu who depend on farming. Who is the poorest among them and why
5. Imagine you are a member of a fishing family and you are discussing whether to take a loan from the bank for an engine. What would you say?
6. What do you think the government can do to help farmers like Sekar when they get into debt? Discuss.
7. People of Pudupet earn their living by________.
8. Mention the main crop grown in Kalpattu Village.
9. Discuss why Thulasi prefers to work on Ramalingam’s land despite getting paid little less than what labourers get in her home village. How much land does Ramalingam have?
10. Explain the speciality of Chakhesang community.
11. Define the work of Agricultural labourers.
12. How much land does Sekar own? How does he pay back the loan to the traders? Why do farmers like Sekar need to borrow money from the money lenders?
13. Mention the main sources of livelihood for the people in rural areas.
14. Give a reason why fishermen cannot go to the Sea for four months during the monsoon. What are the difficulties faced by them?
15. When he gets no work from the farm, what do Raman do?
16. Why are the fishermen forced to sell the fish to the trader?
17. Mention the circumstances under which farmers are unable to pay back their loans.
18. State reasons for Crop failure.
19. Mention how terrace farming is done.
20. Imagine you are a member of a fishing family and you are discussing whether to take a loan from the bank for an engine. Give your suggestion.
21. Name the type of food eaten by the people in Tamil Nadu
(d) All the above
22. Name the main crop of the village Kalpattu.
(a) Sweet corn
(b) Sugar cane