How wonderful it is to watch the sky after sunset! One or two bright dots appear shining in the sky. Soon the number increases and becomes infinite. The whole sky is filled with tiny shining objects – some are bright, others dim. It seems as if the sky is studded with diamonds. They all appear to be twinkling. However, some of them do not twinkle as others do. They simply glow without any flicker just as the moon shines. Students can explore further about The Earth in the Solar System from Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 6 Geography. CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 1 The Earth In The Solar System Important Questions also cover important concepts of the Chapter and help students to prepare diligently for the exam.
Students can find below the link to download the CBSE Important Questions of Class 6 Geography Chapter 1.
The Earth In The Solar System
1. What are Poornima and Amavasya?
2. Do you wonder why we can’t see the moon and all those bright tiny objects during day time?
3. What is meant by the ‘Solar System’?
4. What do animals and plants require in order to grow and survive?
5. How does a planet differ from a star?
6. Name all the planets according to their distance from the sun.
7. Why is the Earth called a unique planet?
8. Why do we see only one side of the moon always?
9. What is the Universe?
10. Word geography is made of two Greek words, ‘ge’ meaning’ ‘earth’ and ‘graphia’ meaning ‘writing. True or False?
11. Mention the names of the dwarf planets.
12. Where are more asteroids found?
13. Which are celestial bodies that do have the light of their own but reflect the light from the sun?
14. Define the Galaxy.
15. Mention the ways used by the people of ancient times to determine direction.
16. Write a short note about the Universe.
17. What are the constellations, pole star and planets? Explain.
18. What is the easy method to memorise the name of the planets in order of their distance from the sun is?
19. Who are astronomers? Who is Aryabhatta?
20. Write a short note about the earth.