On the globe, countries, continents and oceans are shown in their correct size. It is difficult to describe the location of a point on a sphere like the earth. Now the question arises as to how to locate a place on it? We need certain points of reference and lines to find out the location of places. Students can explore in detail about Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes from Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 6 Geography. Solving CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 2 Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes Important Questions also make it easier for the students to understand the concepts of the Chapter. Practising these important questions help students to prepare proficiently for the exams.
Compiled below in this article find the CBSE Class 6 Important Questions from Chapter 2 Geography. Students can also click on the link provided to download these questions.
Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
1. How to locate a place on the globe?
2. What is the globe?
3. Explain the axis and the equator.
4. Write a short note on the heat zones of the Earth.
5. What are Longitudes?
6. Why do we have Standard Time?
7. What is the true shape of the earth?
8. What is the latitudinal value of the Tropic of Cancer?
9. What are the three heat zones of the Earth?
10. What are the parallels of latitude and meridians of longitude?
11. Why does the torrid zone receive a maximum amount of heat?
12. Why is it 5.30 p.m. in India and 12.00 noon in London?
13. The Standard Meridian of India is ____________________
14. Which are the two imaginary lines that divide the earth into hemispheres?
15. Describe the five major parallels of Latitude.
16. What are the advantages of a globe?
17. If the time is 12 PM at Greenwich, then find the time at 150 W?
18. Find out the time difference between the easternmost and westernmost parts of India if a standard meridian is not adopted.
19. Mention the type of climate found in the Temperate Zone.
20. Describe where the torrid zone lies.
21. Name the needle fixed through the globe in a tilted manner.
22. Which one of the following parallels of latitudes is known as the Tropic of Cancer?
(b) 23° 30′ S
(c) 23° 30′ N
(d) 66° 30′ N