Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 6 History explores the past. From this Chapter, students will get to know about the past and concepts related to it such as the What, Where, How and When. We have also compiled CBSE Class 6 History Chapter 1-What, Where, How and When? Important Questions based on the key concepts of the Chapter. Solving these questions will help the students to understand the subject thoroughly and prepare most competently for the exam. Revising the Chapter becomes easy with these important questions.
This Chapter mainly starts by dealing with questions that arose in the mind of Rasheeda, when she read the newspaper. The chapter provides a systematic solution to her queries by delving into how people lived in the past, where they lived, the names of the land, the insights we get from the old manuscripts and inscriptions and more.
Find the link given below in this article to download the CBSE Important Questions of Class 6 History Chapter 1.
What, Where, How and When?
1. How can anyone know what happened in the past?
2. Can you think of the advantages of writing on a hard surface? And what could have been the difficulties?
3. What do dates mean?
4. Where is Rosetta located? Write a very short note about the town.
5. Make a list of all the objects that archaeologists may find. Which of these could be made of stone?
6. Why do you think ordinary men and women did not generally keep records of what they did? Discuss.
7. Describe at least two ways in which you think the lives of kings would have been different from those of farmers.
8. Explain briefly about Sulaiman and Kirthar hills.
9. In ancient times, what was the area along these rivers to the south of the Ganga known as?
10. Explain the term “manuscripts.”
11. When did agriculture begin? Where were manuscripts preserved?
12. Define the word tributaries. Mention any one tributary of Ganga.
13. Who are archaeologists? What do they do?
14. Give a reason why some of the earliest people are called skilled gatherers.
15. Find the origin of the word “India.”
16. Define “Inscriptions.” How do they help?
17. Give a reason why South Asia is referred to as a subcontinent. Mention the name of the countries that form South Asia.
18. What do BC and AD stand for?
19. List one major difference between manuscripts and inscriptions.
20. Define the study of inscriptions.
21. Which of these cities were established on the banks of Ganga?
(c) Both of the above
(d) None of these
22. How did the people of Andaman Islands get their food?
(c) Collecting the forest products
(d) All the above
23. From where did the Iranians and the Greek come?
(a) North west
(b) North east
(e) North south
(d) None of these