Choosing leaders or rulers by voting is something that has become common during the last fifty years or so. How did men become rulers in the past? Students can study about Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic from Chapter 5 of CBSE Class 6 History. CBSE Class 6 History Chapter 5 Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic Important Questions are also framed based on the major concepts of the Chapter, hence, revising these concepts become easy. Students can study for the exams most proficiently with the help of these important questions.
Below, we have compiled the CBSE Important Questions of Class 6 History Chapter 5. Students can access these questions and start preparing for the exam.
Download CBSE Class 6 History Chapter 5 Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic Important Questions PDF
Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
1. Explain the term Varnas. Why did people oppose the system of varnas?
2. Define janapadas and mahajanapadas.
3. List two ways in which the rajas of the mahajanapadas were different from those mentioned in the Rigveda
4. Why were taxes on crops the most important? Explain.
5. Define the terms “sangha” and “gana.”
6. Give an account of the Vajjis as from the Digha Nikaya.
7. In what ways was the Vajji sangha different from the other mahajanapadas? Try and list at least three differences.
8. Rajas who let the ashvamedha horse pass through their lands were invited to the sacrifice. True or False?
9. Archaeologists have found palaces in the settlements of the janapadas. Do you agree?
10. Who were the groups who could not participate in the assemblies of the ganas?
11. Why did the rajas of mahajanapadas build forts? Discuss.
12. In what ways are present-day elections different from the ways in which rulers were chosen in janapadas? Discuss.
13. Which are the four groups into which the Vedic society was divided later?
14. Name the minister of Ajatasattu.
15. What is Digha Nikaya?
16. Rivers that flowed through Magadha were considered important. Why? Give reasons.
17. Write about the people of Athens around 2500 years ago. Do you think this was a true democracy?
18. What was the capital of Vajji?
19. Who was Alexander?
20. Name the two powerful rulers of Magadha who used all possible means to conquer other Janapadas.
21. Name the location of Hastinapur.
(a) Near Delhi
(b) Near Mumbai
(c) Near Meerut
(d) Near Agra
22. How do the herders pay taxes?
(a)Animal and Animal products
(b) By labouring
(c) Forest products
(d) None of the above
23. Who guarded the horses?
(a) Raja’s men
(b) Ordinary people
(d) All the above