Ashoka was one of the greatest rulers and on his instructions, inscriptions were inscribed on pillars, as well as on rock surfaces. Learn why his kingdom was called an empire from Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 6 History. Students also get to explore further about Ashoka, the Emperor Who Gave Up War in this Chapter. CBSE Class 6 History Chapter 7 Ashoka, the Emperor Who Gave Up War Important Questions also cover the major concepts of this Chapter. Students can solve and practice to score high marks.
To check these questions that may be asked again in the exam, students can download and refer to the CBSE Class 6 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 7 History from the PDF link given below.
Ashoka, the Emperor Who Gave Up War
1. What is a Dynasty?
2. Name the countries where Ashokan inscriptions have been found. Which Indian states were outside the empire?
3. How are Empires different from Kingdoms?
4. What is a Tribute?
5. Who is Megasthenes? What did he say about Pataliputra (Modern Patna)?
6. Why do you think the king Chandragupta had special servants to taste the food he ate?
7. In what ways was Pataliputra different from Mohenjodaro?
8. Describe Ashoka’s inscription describing the Kalinga war. How did the Kalinga war bring about a change in Ashoka’s attitude towards war?
9. What was Ashoka’s dhamma?
10. Write about The Rampurwa bull.
11. Identify the parts of Ashoka’s message to his subjects that you think are relevant today.
12. Make a list of the occupations of the people who lived within the Mauryan empire.
13. Chandragupta’s ideas were written down in the Arthashastra. True or False?
14. What were the means adopted by Ashoka to spread the message of dhamma?
15. What were the problems that Ashoka wanted to solve by introducing dhamma?
16. Why do you think slaves and servants were ill-treated? Do you think the orders of the emperor would have improved their condition? Give reasons for your answer.
17. The Mauryan empire collapsed about 2200 years ago. In its place (and elsewhere) rose several new kingdoms. Which were these kingdoms?
18. Explain the term Brahmi Script.
19. Name the things that are given as tribute by the people living in the forested areas.
20. How was Ashoka known as a unique ruler?