ABOUT CLASS 12 ACCOUNTANCY EXAM
Accountancy paper is one of the major subjects in the Commerce stream. Thus it becomes necessary for all the students to give special focus on Accountancy.
INTERESTING AND SCORING SUBJECT
There is no doubt that students find it very interesting if they clear their concepts and fundamentals and thus making this subject scoring.
PROPER FOCUS ON THEORY AND PRACTICAL / NUMERICAL
Getting 100 out of 100 remains no big deal if the proper focus is given on the theoretical part in addition to the practical/numerical portion.
PATTERN AND MARKS ALLOCATION
The Accountancy paper comprises of 80 Marks as 20 marks are allocated to Project Work/ Test / Viva which happens in school itself before the exams
In Accountancy paper, Part A is compulsory for all the students whereas students have a choice between Part B and Part C.
Theory: 80 Marks
Project: 20 Marks
Exam Time : 3 Hours
|Part A||Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organizations, Partnership Firms and Companies|
|Unit 1. Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations||10|
|Unit 2. Accounting for Partnership Firms||30|
|Unit 3. Accounting for Companies||20|
|Part B||Financial Statement Analysis|
|Unit 4. Analysis of Financial Statements||12|
|Unit 5. Cash Flow Statement||8|
|Part C||Project Work||20|
|Project work will include:|
|Project File||4 Marks|
|Written Test||12 Marks (One Hour)|
|Viva Voce||4 Marks|
|Part B||Computerized Accounting|
|Unit 4. Computerized Accounting||20|
|Part C||Practical Work||20|
|Practical work will include:|
|Practical File 4 Marks|
|Practical Examination 12 Marks (One Hour)|
|Viva Voce 4 Marks|
Searching for an accountancy coaching? You are at the right place.
The duration of the exam is 3 Hours.
Time Management Strategy for attempting Class 12th Accountancy Exam
- There is always a question from the students’ side that “how much time we need to give to each question”?
- The answer to this is quite simple and the technique which we are going to share has worked wonderfully well during exams for students.
- As your Accountancy exam is of 80 Marks, you need to double the weightage for each question and you will get the time to be spent on each question.
- To understand, say a question carries 1 mark then it should be attempted in not more than 2 minutes, likewise if a question carries 8 marks weightage then not more than 16 minutes should be spent in answering that question.
- In this way you will be able to finish your paper within 160 minutes (2 hours and 40 minutes). Still you are left with 20 minutes which you should utilise for revision of answers.
|Important Topics in Accountancy:|