World Trade Organisation is an international organisation that is tasked with overseeing and regulating international trade between countries. It is mainly responsible for regulating trade which involves goods, services and intellectual property between the participating countries.
The World Trade Organisation helps in facilitating this trade by providing a framework for negotiating the various trade agreements. It also offers dispute resolution that may arise between trading nations that fall under WTO agreements.
The following are some of the multiple choice questions and answers on the topic of WTO that will help the students in preparing for various academic and competitive exams.
1.When did the World Trade Organisation come into effect?
(A) March 6, 1996
(B) April 8, 1994
(C) February 5, 1994
(D) January 1, 1995
2. Total members in the WTO at present are?
3. Which among these is the headquarter of the WTO
(C) New York
(D) Washington DC
4. Which of these institutions is not a part of the World Bank community?
5. Along with the World Bank and ———————– WTO is the third economic pillar of world-wide dimensions.
(A) International Economic Association (IEA)
(B) International Monetary Funds (IMF)
(C) International Development Bank (IDB)
(D) International Funding Organisation (IFO)
6. Which of the following statements is false
(a) India’s vote share in the International Monetary Fund is 10%
(b) Both the IMF & IBRD have headquarters in Washington
(c) IBRD is also known as World Bank
(d) Both IMF & World Bank are called Bretton Woods twins.
7. Among the following options which is not the objective of the WTO?
(A) To protect environment
(B) To improve the Balance of Payment situation of the member countries
(C) To improve the standard of living of peoples of the member countries
(D) To enlarge production and trade of goods
8. Who is the current Director-General of WTO?
(a) Pascal Lamy
(b) Mahmoud Riad
(c) Chedli Klibi
(d) Roberto Azevêdo
9. TRIPS (Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) agreement is administered by:
(A) World Bank (WB)
(B) United Nations Organization (UNO)
(C) World Trade Organization (WTO)
(D) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
10. Who is most recently appointed the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to WTO?
a. JS Deepak
b. TS Deepak
c. Anwar Hussain Shaik
d. Brajendra Navnit
For getting more of such informative MCQs based on various commerce topics students can visit here