Pronoun is an essential English Grammar topic. It is important that children are introduced to the concept of pronouns at an early age. If you want to improve your child’s understanding of pronouns, you must make them practise plenty of exercises. There’s no doubt that parents/teachers can find a number of pronoun worksheets.
But if you are looking for pronoun exercises suitable for all classes, then you might find it helpful to go through these exercises provided by BYJU’S. The BYJU’S team has worked diligently to make suitable exercises for students of various classes, and at various levels of understanding. Through these exercises, the basic concept of pronouns will be crystal clear to students.
Pronoun Exercises with Answers
There is no doubt that you can find a lot of pronoun exercises, but if you are looking for solution-based exercises, then you might have difficulty finding those. To ease your problem, BYJU’S brings pronouns exercises with answers that will help students to check their solutions. Let’s go through the following exercises.
Fill in the Blanks with Appropriate Pronouns
Read the following sentences and use the appropriate pronouns.
- Murat is a good boy. __ always listens to__ teacher.
- Amit and Sumit are twin brothers. ___ take the same bag to the school.
- Milly and I are very good friends. ___ know each other since childhood.
- The mangoes are very sour. Where did you buy ___?
- I love watching Tom and Jerry. __ reminds me of my childhood days.
- I bought this book for my sister. __ often read it together.
- This is Steve. Do you know __?
- There are many windows here. But all of ___ are jammed.
- The army has reached __ destination.
- My aunt and uncle live in Delhi. ___ often visit ___.
- While playing basketball, I hurt ____
- The children hid ___ in the cupboard.
- The flowers in the vase are beautiful. I bought __ flowers for my anniversary.
- All the boys participated in the race and ___ one of them got a prize.
- ___ of the witnesses were present in the court.
- I met Peter ___ just returned from Belgium.
- Raju set for ___, a target which was difficult to achieve.
- The criminals ___ admitted their crime.
- This is the girl __ caught the thief.
- The book is about Anne. It is __ favourite book.
- He, his
- We, them
Use the Correct Form of Pronoun
Choose the correct pronoun and use it in the sentence.
- (Me/I) feel like taking a short trip to the Maldives
- (I/me) think you should participate in the debate.
- Wuthering Heights is (her/hers) favourite book.
- Those papers are (mine/my).
- The box was lying around. Is (it/its) yours?
- The dog almost choked (himself/itself).
- Natasha was all by (yourselves/herself)
- I got (me/myself) all wet.
- The book lying here (that/this) is mine.
- (each/neither) of the children will get sweets.
- Do you want (that/it) pen?
- I lost the toy you gave (me/myself)
- This house is (ours/our).
- It was (their/theirs) car parked here.
- Do you know (his/him)?
These exercises will solve your worries about How to Learn English. You can easily solve these exercises and check your answers from the given solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a pronoun?
A pronoun is a term/word that is used instead of a noun.
How many types of pronouns are there?
There are eight types of pronouns, i.e. personal pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, relative pronouns, interrogative pronouns, distributive pronouns, emphasising pronouns, indefinite and reciprocal pronouns.