Even a few years ago, the concept of online classes wasn’t much heard about, but due to the COVID19 pandemic, every educational institution started online classes to make sure students don’t miss out on their studies. So what would you talk about if you were asked to give a speech on online classes for 1 minute? This article will cover all the key points that you can incorporate into your speech. Let’s have a look at them.
Table of Contents
- What Do Online Classes Mean?
- Present and Future of Online Classes
- Advantages of Online Classes
- Disadvantages of Online Classes
- FAQs on Online Classes Speech
What Do Online Classes Mean?
Today, almost every person has heard about online classes. Previously, only very few educational institutions offered online classes for a few courses. Online classes is a term used to refer to those classes which are made accessible over the internet. These classes do not require any individual to be physically present at a particular place (a school or a college); it rather lets students attend classes from wherever they are.
Present and Future of Online Classes?
With the present scenario, online classes hold a promising future in the days to come. With the widespread of COVID19, online classes acted as the best way to continue education without breaking the COVID protocols. The online classes have made sure that no students miss their education. It might so happen that in the future, we all end up attending online classes as well as attending classes in school too.
Advantages of Online Classes
There are many advantages of online classes. Let us have a look at those.
- One of the advantages of online classes that prove to be beneficial for schools is that a large number of costs that were previously incurred on electricity or keeping the school premises clean gets saved.
- A large amount of transportation costs gets saved due to the online classes. Teachers or students who stay away in far off places easily attend online classes just with a press of a button and a stable internet connection.
- Students who can’t afford high education costs can continue their education via online classes and get the resources they need.
- Online classes allow students to have access to a large plethora of information as well as great teachers. They can choose their desired course and attend online classes and get to learn as well as obtain certifications for the same.
Disadvantages of Online Classes
Even though online classes have a lot of benefits, they have a few disadvantages too. Let’s take a look at those.
- One of the most common issues that are faced while conducting or attending online classes is network problems. Not all places have an ample number of towers, so people living in interior regions might face connectivity issues.
- Since students now have much more access to smartphones than usual, they end up spending more time on the phone. A common complaint among most parents is that students have ended up spending hours on their phones.
- With the facility of attending classes just by sitting at their homes, students have ended up having back and eye problems as a result of sitting in a bad posture and staring at the screen for too long.
- With the introduction of online classes, students have almost forgotten what it was like in a physical classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions on Online Classes Speech
What does an online class require?
A stable internet connection and a smartphone or laptop are required for online classes.
Are online classes good or bad?
Online classes have both advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, online classes allow students and teachers to follow the COVID protocols. On the other hand, spending hours on the phone is increasing the chance of students getting hooked to their phones scrolling through various social media applications.