The application form for CAT 2018 exam will be tentatively released by 1st week of August. The conducting IIM will release the CAT 2018 application form in online mode only. The aspirants planning to appear for the exam this year should submit their application before the last day of submission along with the total application fee. The application form is broadly divided into three phases i.e. registration, documents uploading and fee payment.
The candidates must check the CAT eligibility criteria before filling the application form and must be well acquainted with the important dates. The tentative dates for CAT application form are given below.
|Releasing of CAT Application Form||2nd week of August|
|Closing of Application Form||3rd Week of September|
|Correction Window||Last week of September|
|Downloading of Admit Card||Last week of October|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||Last Week of November|
Aspirants must keep checking the latest CAT 2018 notifications to avoid missing any important dates regarding the exam.
CAT Registration Statistics
Prerequisites for CAT Registration 2018 Form:
- A valid Mobile number and email ID.
- Results of 10th, 12th, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
- Details of work experiences (if any).
- Preferred IIMs.
- Preferred test city.
- Scanned images of coloured photograph (passport size), signature and category certificate (for category candidates).
- Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fees.
CAT 2018 Registration Form Fill-up Process:
Step 1: Registration
Here the candidates need to enter their Name, Date of Birth, email ID and phone number to register for the CAT 2018 exam. The candidates will receive their unique user ID on email and password in the registered mobile.
Step 2: Login with the given User ID and read the instructions
After successfully logging in with the unique User ID and password, an instruction page will open which includes the details of the CAT application form.
Step 3: Fill Personal Details and Upload the Documents
Now the candidates will have to fill in their personal details and address followed by uploading the relevant documents.
Step 4: Fill the Educational Details and Work Experiences
After uploading the relevant documents, the candidates will have to fill their education details and past work experiences, if any.
Step 5: Select Programmes and Test City
The candidates are now required to select their preferred programmes that they wish to apply and then the test city must be selected.
Step 6: Declaration and Payment of Application Fee
After successful completion of the filling of all the relevant details, the candidates will have to click on ‘I Agree’ button, to accept the declaration after the declaration, the application fees must be paid to complete the application process.
The candidates will receive a confirmation email after completion of the whole application process.
A “Correction Window” was introduced by IIM Bangalore in 2016, IIM Lucknow has also continued the same for CAT 2017 and is expected to be repeated in CAT 2018 exam also. In correction window, the candidates can make changes to a few details including the work experiences, programmes selected and marks of the qualifying exam.
Important Notes for CAT Application Form:
- Providing accurate information is very crucial to avoid being disqualified.
- Asterisk (*) marked fields are mandatory to fill.
- Except for the aforementioned fields in Correction Window, no other changes will be possible after payment of application fees.
- The candidates are required to complete their application process within 30 minutes to avoid being logged out.
CAT Admit Card 2018:
CAT 2018 Admit Card will be tentatively released in October on the official CAT website. To know more about the Admit card, visit CAT Admit Card at BYJU’S.
CAT 2018 Registration Fees:
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD||Rs. 900/-|
It is suggested that the CAT registration form must be filled as early as possible to get the preferred test center. Candidates preparing for the CAT 2018 exam must be well prepared and dedicated to score well in the exam.
CAT 2018: Things to Remember:
- Candidates must re-check their credentials properly during CAT registration and must keep the respective documents accessible whenever required.
- The Computer Based Test is similar to the Pen and Paper Based Exam. So, no extra preparation is required for CBT, but it is suggested to get acquainted with the CBT mode by practicing numerous mock tests.
- Every IIMs have individual selection criteria which they mention on their websites with the detailed distribution of marks for academic and work experiences.
Keep visiting BYJU’S to get various interactive and engaging video lessons to learn different CAT exam topics more effectively. Candidates can also get the latest notifications, CAT 2018 syllabus and pattern to strategize their preparation well.