CAT 2023 Notification: The exam conducting authority will release the official CAT Notification on the official website: iim.cat. As per the trends, the candidates can expect the CAT 2023 notification by 31 July 2023. CAT Exam is one of the most preferred MBA exams and the most competitive one also. The exam is taken by around 2.5 lakh MBA aspirants every year from all across the nation.
CAT Notification includes all the exam-related information, including the dates, registration process, fees, eligibility to appear and more. The candidates must check the CAT exam notification as soon as it is released officially because a single mistake can lead to the cancellation application form and the exam fee is non-refundable.
Read the section below to get detailed updates on notifications of CAT 2023 along with the exam dates.
CAT Notification 2023 – Overview
It is an official document made available by the CAT conducting authority in charge of administering the exam before candidates may register for it. The CAT notification includes all the necessary information, including the exam date, conducting institution, registration start and end dates, exam format, fee, eligibility, reservation, selection, and scoring criteria.
As per the latest updates, several changes were mentioned in the CAT notification for last year’s exam. The test centre has been increased to 150 test cities, along with the exam fees increased slightly to 2300/- for general category candidates and 1150 for reserve category candidates. So, the candidates can expect the same for the upcoming CAT exam 2023.
CAT Exam Notification – Important Highlights
Note the table below to get important information regarding the upcoming exam, as per the latest official CAT Notification.
|Exam Type||National Level MBA exam|
|Fees||Rs 2300 (General category)
Rs 1150 (Reserved category)
|Duration||120 Minutes – 40 Minutes for Each Section|
CAT Notification 2023 for Exam Dates (Tentative)
Below are the tentative schedules for the upcoming CAT exam 2023, that the aspirants can note to avoid missing the deadline.
|Released of Notification||July 2023|
|Registration Process starts||First Week of August 2023|
|CAT application last date||Last Week of September 2023|
|Correction Window||Last Week of September 2023 – First Week of October 2023|
|CAT 2023 official mock test release||Second week of October 2023|
|Admit Card||Last Week of October 2023|
|CAT 2023 exam date||26 November 2023|
|Declaration of answer key||First – Second Week of December 2023|
|Result date||Last week of December 2023|
CAT Exam Centres
TCS and IIM work together to conduct the CAT exam at these testing facilities. More than 400 of these testing locations are located in 150 Indian cities across the country. The list of test cities is included in the CAT notification.
Eligibility Details Mentioned in CAT Official Notification
The CAT eligibility mentioned in the notification will include the below-mentioned parameters.
- The candidates must complete a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognised university. Usually, there is no mention of passing marks in the CAT notification, but most of the IIMs have their individual selection eligibility, which is 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general category candidates and 45% in the case of SC, ST, and PWD categories.
- The final-year candidates are also eligible to appear in CAT, but they need to submit the final result of their graduation studies before the academic session is started.
- There are no such specifications for the CAT age limit.
- Candidates with professional degrees like CA/CS/ICWA are also eligible to apply for this national-level MBA exam.
CAT 2023 Notification – Reservation
|Candidates Categories||Reservation %|
CAT Exam Pattern 2023
In 2021, the CAT exam pattern was revised. There were 66 questions in total reduced from 76 questions in 2020. The same format was followed for CAT 2022. A separate CAT notification will be sent out in October if there are any changes to the paper pattern of the CAT exam.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours with 40 minutes sectional time limit for 3 exam sections: VARC, DILR and QA.
- The time allotted in the preceding section must be finished before a candidate can move on to the next.
- Additionally, you cannot move back to the previous section, as it is prohibited officially.
- The questions are asked in both MCQs and Non-MCQs format.
- +3 for every correct answer for both MCQs and Non-MCQs/TITA questions
- +1 for every incorrect answer in MCQs only (Not applicable for Non-MCQs/TITA questions)
CAT Registration Process & Exam Fees
Below registration guidelines will be mentioned by the exam conducting body on the official CAT Notification 2023. We can follow these steps to fill out the application form and pay the exam fees.
- Go to the official website of CAT 2023
- Complete an online registration on the official CAT portal
- After the successful completion of registration, you will get a login ID in your registered email ID and mobile number
- Login to the portal again to fill out the application form.
- Keep your details handy to fill out CAT 2023 application form without making any errors.
- Upload your passport-size photograph and signature (both should be of a size less than 80 kb each). Apart from this, you also need to upload documents like caste certificates, PwD certificates, Educational certificates, etc.
- Select exam cities at your convenience.
- Complete the payment
- After the successful submission of the application form, the candidates will get a confirmation email.
- Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
CAT Exam Fees
CAT Notification for IIMs and Courses Offered
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, e-PGP||iima.ac.in|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||PGP, PGPEx, PGPDGM||iimv.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGPM, PGPM-HR, PGPBM||iimtrichy.ac.in|
|IIM Sirmaur||MBA, MBA (T&HM)||iimsirmaur.ac.in|
|IIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX, PGPWE||iimshillong.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX, EPGDSM||iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM, PGP (BA)||iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, PGP-LSM||iimk.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||MBA, MBA (Analytics), MBA (WX)||iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM||iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPBA||iimb.ac.in|
|IIM Amritsar||MBA, EMBA, MBA-BA, MBA-HRM||iimamritsar.ac.in|
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Exam Notification
When will CAT notification 2023 be released?
As per the trends, CAT notification 2023 will be released tentatively by 31 July 2023.
Who will conduct CAT 2023?
It is still not declared the name of CAT 2023 conducting IIM. In 2022, it was administered by IIM Bangalore.
What is CAT Notification?
It is official information for the forthcoming exam, including registration, exam dates, eligibility, exam format, and topics covered.
What is the CAT 2023 Exam Date?
As per the latest updates, CAT 2023 exam dates are not still declared. However, you can expect that the CAT exam 2023 is likely to be conducted on 26 November 2023.
Can I do MBA without appearing for CAT?
Yes, you can. But if you are thinking to study in IIMs, FMS and all other top-most B-schools, then it is important to appear for CAT, as these institutes shortlist the candidates based on their CAT scores.